Vegetarians that eat fish!

• 2 weeks later...

Let's not discourage people who call themselves vegetarians because they eat fish. They are at least making some effort to reduce the exploitation of animals.

I wonder how vegetarians feel about using products other than food that have been tested on animals?

This drives me insane because its contagious when I used to say I was veggie I'd get a horrified look and the question "what do you eat then?"

now I have to go through the list

do you eat chicken

do you eat fish

I got a "do you eat goat?" once? what?

Where did people get the idea that chicken was a vegetable?

There were a couple who worked in the studio where I was working who were fish eating veggies. I was taken out by people for meals most nights, or I was taking others out. When you are eating, this subject comes up quite a lot. Infact one night we had a debate about the subject because there was a true veggi amongst us who said you shouldn't eat anything that previously had a face!

corrected:hihi:

they are not vegetarian so should not call themselves vegetarian

That's fair enough but vegetarianism is generally about diet. Some production of clothes, cosmetics, furniture and loads of other things requires either killing animals or cruelty to them.

Why does it matter what people call themselves or whether they eat fish, chicken, goat, lightbulbs, car tyres who cares???

because of the confusion it causes. It really does matter to the people who are actually vegetarian when they are given fish as a vegetarian option. Why can't people use the correct english it's just not that hard.

Archived