Vegetarians that eat fish!

you can and you do and you are a pescetarian!:hihi: you arguing doesn't make you right:hihi: Why do you want to use the wrong word? Are you ashamed that you eat fish?

Yes thats why i've told the sheffield forum that I eat fish :thumbsup:

I can and I do

You could live in a stable, but that doesn't make you a horse! ;)

You eat something that had lived, so you aren't a veggie. QED, you are a Pescetarian, not a vegetarian.

Veggie, by definition, is someone who eats only vegetables, not someone who eats animals of any phylum.

It's your right to eat what you want, but don't misrepresent yourself.

Let's not discourage people who call themselves vegetarians because they eat fish. They are at least making some effort to reduce the exploitation of animals.

I wonder how vegetarians feel about using products other than food that have been tested on animals?

I buy cruelty free products when it comes to makeup and toiletries.

However, because of my medical conditions, I have to take medicines, and inject myself with insulin. By law, these medicines have to be animal tested. I'm not happy that I have to use animal tested medicines, but, until we have a viable and safe alternative, I have no option, if I want to stay alive.

Thankfully, I have the option when it comes to my cosmetics etc.

You eat something that had lived, so you aren't a veggie. QED, you are a Pescetarian, not a vegetarian.

Veggie, by definition, is someone who eats only vegetables, not someone who eats animals of any phylum.

I feel I must come clean I am not and have never been a vegetarian :hihi: I eat cow, pig, sheep, goat, chicken, fish etc but my point still stands.

If a person wishes to call themselves vegetarian and eat fish at the same time we can't really stop them. Getting wound up about it and turning it into a debate isn't going to stop them is it?

I feel I must come clean I am not and have never been a vegetarian :hihi: I eat cow, pig, sheep, goat, chicken, fish etc but my point still stands.

If a person wishes to call themselves vegetarian and eat fish at the same time we can't really stop them. Getting wound up about it and turning it into a debate isn't going to stop them is it?

They can call themselves what they wish but they are still wrong. Was your point that people can be wrong?

Trouble is - there is no point at which animals "end" and plants "start". There are some creatures that have been misclassified either way in the past and some that scientists argue about even now.

They can call themselves what they wish but they are still wrong. Was your point that people can be wrong?

People can be wrong yes but when it comes to personal choices about what people wish to classify themselves as it is not for anyone to say they are "wrong"

People can be wrong yes but when it comes to personal choices about what people wish to classify themselves as it is not for anyone to say they are "wrong"

your argument is essentially like saying women can call themselves men, yes they can but they are in fact wrong.

So, decaff. What you are, is a wind-up artist?

I could call myself a marathon runner, but it would still be untrue.

I have no problem with folk eating meat, so long as the animal has been raised humanely, and treated with compassion. (IE not cruelly) I choose not to eat meat, others choose to.

As llamatron says, you are wrong.

Archived