Hitler's normal speaking voice.

The royal family and much of the so called "upper classes" of this country are largely of German decent. Probably explains all that "yaaah" business.

Not really, the aristocracy are mostly descended from the normans. It wasn't blood ties that led the queen mother to sympathise with the nazis, it was pragmatism, together with a latent anti-semitism.

The British monarchy had sympathies with Hitler. The Queen Mother enjoyed Mein Kampf and hated Churchill, preferring the appeaser Halifax. Possible the greatest breach of royal protocol in the last century was the royal family welcoming Chamberlain to the balcony of Buckingham palace on his return from Munich, before parliament had even discussed the issue (at the expense of Czechoslovakia’s annihilation, by the way). The Queen Mother was prepared to continue the family business under German occupation.

The king and queen visited Buckingham Palace during the day, but slept every night in Windsor Castle. East Enders booed, jeered and pelted the Queen Mother with rubbish on her first tour of east London.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/bookchapters/WSC/Monckton.html

No argument with that but..like everyone else we've come a long way since then. Even the monarchy must look back and think...phew! that was a close shave. As for the Queen mother...well she's dead. I honestly believe our forces would fight to the death for the monarchy regardless...it's in their blood. Middle ground is necessary for the well being of us all. Far left or right is very dangerous. Part of who we are is the evolvement of who we are. We're pretty canny when it comes to learning from others mistakes.

The royal family and much of the so called "upper classes" of this country are largely of German decent. Probably explains all that "yaaah" business.
:huh: where have you got that idea from, that u/c people are of German descent? I suppose if you were going back to the Jutes or Angles and Saxons, but they were mostly always peasants from the start, and definitely after the Norman invasion ...

The Queen Mother was Scottish ...

:huh: where have you got that idea from, that u/c people are of German descent? I suppose if you were going back to the Jutes or Angles and Saxons, but they were mostly always peasants from the start, and definitely after the Norman invasion ...

The Queen Mother was Scottish ...

Dont you know that Windsor is a totally made up name, the Royals were called Saxe-Coburg and Gotha?

I dont think anyone really new Hitler there were so many different sides to him,a complicated character who had a very strange family history.Whatever we may say about the man none of us were at his side so we will never know the persona inside him.

I heard Hitler was a Rothschild.

You asked if it were possible to be inspired and enthralled by that voice, you didn't say anything about British people. If you read a bit of history Hitler's rise to power makes perfect sense.
No I didn't, you asked that. :confused: I said NO it wasn't possible and you said you EASILY could be ....

You seem to make a habit of trying to twist people's responses to your postings. I'm now leaning to the view that you are actually a troll of sorts. Just not a very good one.

Dont you know that Windsor is a totally made up name, the Royals were called Saxe-Coburg and Gotha?
erm, it's not actually ... that name was brought into the family by Prince Albert when he married Victoria. However, they were advised to adopt the name Windsor during the Great War due to anti German sentiment. Although Royals traditionally don't have a surname, they belong to a dynasty! The Queen decided that when anyone connected with the Royal Family needed a surname it should be Mountbatten-Windsor. Which presumably is the name that William will use when he gets wed later this year?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering with this, as I'm not really interested. I just can't bear to see people posting incorrect 'facts' as truth ... if you're going to post, at least get it right.

ETA: I know this is wildly off topic, but I didn't introduce the red herring, but it's interesting ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor

via Philip, 'our' royals are now members of the House of Oldenberg.

You see the trouble is that everyone has been brainwashed to beleive Adolf Hitler was a nutter but the truth is he was a normal man like all of us and when people see the reality it startles them.

Like the old saying goes history is written by the victors,but now and then the haze clears and the sun is shone on the truth.

Archived