HELP! Brides maids with awkward sizes

I am getting married in June and I am really struggling to get dreses for my bridesmaid that match I have a size 8 to 10 bridesmaid and a size 26 bridesmaid I'm really struggling to find matching dresses that fit and flatter all my bridesmaids. I'm not wanting super expensive dresses but a chain store dress is near on impossible because of the size differences. Does any one have any ideas?

I wouldn't attempt to put those two girls in the same dress at all. One will look like a gaunt rake and the other a mountain, which will flatter neither

The trick is to dress them in the same colour, but not the same dress

Does that help at all? :)

The problem I have is the colours though if you go for red you will never get the same red, I was thinking of putting the bigger lady in a black dress and my others in red, she is the chief bridesmaid so do you think she would look as though we have her in different colour to stand out (I Don't want to upset her by purposely giving her a different dress to the other 3 bridesmaid)

cheat!

tell her the chief bridesmaid should be in a different dress, but talk to a dressmaker, and see about maybe constructing a size 26 out of an 18 by taking it apart and using the fabric to make a two tone dress in a larger size

Talk to your chief bridesmaid though. She may not feel comfortable standing out too much, so let her have some say in how eyecatching the dress is

I don't think its very nice to put her in a completely different colour dress though, its basically one of those "i'm only in this one cuz I can't get in the others" and it might upset her a bit to have it made that blatantly obvious?

try lightinthebox they will custom make any dress in same colour but you can go for differant styles that will flatter each bridesmaid.my bridesmaids are size 10 and size 22 and i,m having fushia but i wouldn,t put them in the same style. an a/line dress is very flattering on a curvy girl.hope this helps :-)

Archived