Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!

I absolutely LOVE the seaside .. so much so, I booked a night in a lovely B & B in Whitby. Just out of the main town on top of the North Prom overlooking the sea.

We stayed at The Wheeldale Guest House .. and it was utterly perfect ! I could sit in the bay window or Room 3 (you can choose your room when booking) and look out to see and towards Whitby, with the abbey on the skyline .. so pretty at night when all the lights come on.

Wherever you go .. enjoy !

Don't think we will be having a main holiday this year due to the fact that I'm having a spinal cord stimulator fitted in April and will be totally out of action for a good 3 months whilst the leads bed into my spine.

I'm already planning another night away in March ! After this last week's stay of just one night, I came back feeling as though I'd been away a lot longer.

I "pop" down to the various beaches on the Island during the summer months (and also during the winter months) to "see the sea" whenever I can. It's quite nice actually during the winter to be able to walk along the prom without the crowds of people. I feel I am lucky really to have so much of the coastline to choose from plus, of course, there's plenty of places to go walking and visiting if I had the mind to it! :hihi:

Also, I travel to Sheffield/Bridlington/Staffordshire on a regular basis to visit family and friends (but, apart from the Bridlington trip, these don't really feel like holidays!) :)

Our "main" holiday this year though will be in April when me and the OH are off to see friends in Ireland - really looking forward to that and for us to be able to spend time together.

With the OH only coming home at the weekends holidays and any length of time we are able to spend together is a real bonus for us.

I "pop" down to the various beaches on the Island during the summer months (and also during the winter months) to "see the sea" whenever I can. It's quite nice actually during the winter to be able to walk along the prom without the crowds of people. I feel I am lucky really to have so much of the coastline to choose from plus, of course, there's plenty of places to go walking and visiting if I had the mind to it! :hihi:

Also, I travel to Sheffield/Bridlington/Staffordshire on a regular basis to visit family and friends (but, apart from the Bridlington trip, these don't really feel like holidays!) :)

Our "main" holiday this year though will be in April when me and the OH are off to see friends in Ireland - really looking forward to that and for us to be able to spend time together.

With the OH only coming home at the weekends holidays and any length of time we are able to spend together is a real bonus for us.

Oh I'm envious! I grew up in Kent and for several years it was literally 15 minutes from door to beach, with many other very different types of seaside within easy reach. I think the Isle of Wight's got white cliffs too? (Or is that why it's called Isle of Wight?!) I wish I'd known then how fundamental it was to my psyche. I feel really stuck and landlocked. We get the odd seagull overhead but it's not the same!

Archived