Recommend a good garage/mechanic in Sheffield - no advertising/jobs

Sorry to hear that luby, it is a risk to buy older cars unfortunately, they simply are often in more need of TLC (ie money) for maintenance than their younger counterparts. I have owned around 10 cars over the last 14 years and most of the cars I bought for a bargain ended up to be a miss-buy. (Including and especially my first ever car that I bought of my Mum!)

I know but had low mileage for age, and only one lady owner, car is in lovely condition for age so once sorted might get some cash back when sell it.

Fed up now so applying for an NHS lease car asap, but that alone can take up to 6 months to sort out. :D

Edited by lubylou12

I did pm you earlier I could look at it for you !!

Hi, I replied to you're post on here not inbox, sorry, saying local garage was taking a look, although in a way still none the wiser until Monday as he said it could be any of three things. :)

Hi, I replied to you're post on here not inbox, sorry, saying local garage was taking a look, although in a way still none the wiser until Monday as he said it could be any of three things. :)

I guess anyone could give you a price for the wheel bearings replacing, but untill they have got the wheels off they wont know for sure what needs doing.

Which garage did you use? I'm in a similar position to you re. using the car for work, and neither of the (very good) garages I use have courtesy cars, so just for future reference? :)

I use Smithy garage in Low Bradfield, only 2 min drive from my house so very convenient and they even offer you a lift home when you drop car off. They offered me a car when I had my MOT on last car too but did not need it and offered same this time as need a car for Tuesday x

That is also really good to know too thanks its the tiniest little village garage too so must be good to offer one:) Only prob is i only drive auto cars so might come down to if they have one.

---------- Post added 23-04-2016 at 16:22 ----------

I guess anyone could give you a price for the wheel bearings replacing, but untill they have got the wheels off they wont know for sure what needs doing.

yeah very true

Edited by lubylou12

Hi if you still haven't got it sorted I could have a look for you and narrow the three thing down and give you a full diagnose, I am a mobile mechanic so I come to you so no hassle of going to garages

Check my Facebook page for reviews :)

THANKS ive just had someone come look at it from here

---------- Post added 23-04-2016 at 18:23 ----------

Would like to thank HORNET for coming at such short notice and checking out my car. Very honest and I believe just saved me a hell of a lot of money and gave some great advice.