Preying on children to make money..

Celebrity culture in general has been sexed up these past few years. It seems to be the only thing that sells music! I think its disgusting! I flick through the music channels and nearly all the videos are sexed up!

I feel sorry for the kids, or should I call then 'young adults'?!

What has that got to do with this thread??

Anyway, last time I went to a gig at an arena (Kings OfLeon in Nottingham about 3 years ago) everyone was smoking. Not a lot people can do about it when everyone lights up. Same happened in Blackpool when I went to see Them Crooked Vultures. As soon as Josh Homme light a cigerette on stage everyone lit up!

A whole arena full of morons, all smoking, listening to boring trad rock - I bet you felt really cool!

I don't think it's fair to say they are being sexually suggestive to underage children.

If the parents don't like it then they shouldn't give them the money to go, or take them.

What you're saying is a bit ridiculous really, because..really you could say the same for any male artist.

I mean I don't like JLS for other reasons but that's another story, made me reight late one time when they were at arena.

One can only comment the OP concerns about inappropriate images being exposed to children unfortunately that concern seems a little short sighted when it is posted alongside a avatar of someone smoking ,

Bill Hicks was a comedian, an adult comedian, not aimed at children in any way what so ever!

Why don't you start another thread..... I would be happy to contribute to it!:loopy:

A whole arena full of morons, all smoking, listening to boring trad rock - I bet you felt really cool!

I don't know what you mean by that! I certainly had a good night if that's what you mean........It's not every day that you get to see Dave Grohl play the drums!

And the KOL gig was a freebie, I wouldn't pay to see them in an arena. They haven't been the same since the early 00's when they were playing small intermate clubs.

How are they preying on children?

The whole pop scene is aimed directly at children.

People like Cowell et al know that parents find it herd to say no to there children. It's not fair to pick on JLS alone, I just used them as an example, there are other acts, especially in America that are much worse, Including female singers!

Archived