Preying on children to make money..

A picture speaks a thousand words ………. Or in 6 words "don’t mention sex we are British" :thumbsup:

Prove to me that these cretin pop acts aren't aimed directly at children. Someof them even do tours of primary schools for gods sake!

Tell me ONE thing that is good about this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6uvgeWzlFM

It's [removed] disgusting. Two prepubescent kids with less talent than a part time santa, singing about getting it on with girls.

Somehow I don't think eenie meenie is a song aimed at an adult market!!:rant:

Celebrity culture in general has been sexed up these past few years. It seems to be the only thing that sells music! I think its disgusting! I flick through the music channels and nearly all the videos are sexed up!

I feel sorry for the kids, or should I call then 'young adults'?!

Yes it is sexed up but it is nothing new I mean look at the 70's.

It's a market, plain and simple. The machine behind such bands are targeting the tween/teen market in full knowledge that they have the joint attributes of pocket money and pester power to fund the endless strem of merch, tickets or album sales.

This is no different from when New kids on the block, take that or any one of a horde of hastily assembled pretty boys over the year have been ushered on stage to flash a wash board stomache in order to play to the burgeoning sexuality of their audience.

It's cynical, certainly. Immoral, maybe. Wrong, depends upon which side of the fence you're sat: Money grubbing, soulless record executive or concerned parent watching your daughter on heat for a slack jawed halfwit.

I was in Boots last week with my 8 year old daughter, looking for some shaving gel. As I was distracted my little girl who was stood behind me tapped my arm and said "can I have this please" She was holding a packet of condoms.

After picking myself up off the floor and spluttering "er no darlin you can't, where did you get them."

"Why what is it"

"Oh it's just rubbish mate, show me where you got them"

She showed me. In a gondola on the end of the aisle.

Then I looked at them again and saw why she had picked them up. They had JLS and a picture of Aston (the little one who looks gay ) on it with the tag line JLS Just Love Safe.

They had a different packet in different colours for each of the four members of the group.

If there was a profit in it for them they would promote varnished dog turds.

If there was a profit in it for them they would promote varnished dog turds.

When my son was small I took him into some public toilets where there was a condom machine with a bright red car on it and emblazed with arouser ……… try telling a small child its not a toy car.

If its good enough for Ferrari why not a pop group.

Wouldn't three years ago have been before the smoking ban? It came in on 1st July 2007.

This thread has made me think of the episode of South Park which showed how the Jonas Brothers affected pre-teen girls at their concerts.

Yes that is a brilliant south park episode and illustrates perfectly what this thread is on about.

Its amazing how many complex social problems can be explained with south park episodes :)

I cant even see the point to JLS.

it is apparent from the over use of auto-tune on all their tracks that they cant sing.

What do they do for their live shows - lip sinc? or have they had the auo-tune surgically installed, like Cheryl Cole has?

It is just clever marketing towards people who feel the need to be up to date with the cool stuff in order to 'fit in'. (I should know, I have a New Kids on the Block unch box :hihi: )

When my son was small I took him into some public toilets where there was a condom machine with a bright red car on it and emblazed with arouser ……… try telling a small child its not a toy car.

If its good enough for Ferrari why not a pop group.

A condom machine in a pub (where most people are over 18) and a high street chemist the size of Boots selling them in a special promotional stall!! How can you compare the two? Seriously?? How can you??

Archived