10 things the bible says you can't do that you do anyway.

The Ten Commandments are universal and not all laws were written by the Levite Priests, remember Sodom and Gomorrah and why it is called Sodomy.

I've sat this one out so far but as i see, as usual, Grahame is being random again, ie. replies that are irrelevant to the post he quotes.

Since when have the 10 commandments been universal? they don't apply to me and i'm sure many others agree

It is a universal law.

The Golden Rule has a long history, and a great number of prominent religious figures and philosophers have restated its reciprocal, bilateral nature in various ways (not limited to the above forms). As a concept, the Golden Rule has a history that long predates the term "Golden Rule" (or "Golden law", as it was called from the 1670s). The ethic of reciprocity was present in certain forms in the philosophies of ancient Babylon, Egypt, Persia, India, Greece, Judea, and China.

Examples of statements that mirror the Golden Rule appear in Ancient Egypt, for example in the story of The Eloquent Peasant which is dated to the Middle Kingdom of Egypt (c. 2040–1650 BCE): "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to cause that he do.” Rushworth Kidder states that "the label 'golden' was applied by Confucius (551–479 B.C.), who wrote, 'Here certainly is the golden maxim: Do not do to others that which we do not want them to do to us.'" Kidder notes that this framework appears prominently in many religions, including "Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, and the rest of the world's major religions".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule

It's not a universal law. Can you show me any modern documentation stating that it is a current LAW?

I'm talking about universal laws and homosexuality is one of them including Islam which covers a large part of the world.

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm

which says (from the site)

The Hanafite school (currently seen mainly in South and Eastern Asia) teaches that no physical punishment is warranted.

The Hanabalites, (widely followed in the Arab world) teach that severe punishment is warranted.

The Sha'fi school of thought (also seen in the Arab world) requires a minimum of 4 adult male witnesses before a person can be found guilty of a homosexual act.

Three of the four Islamic schools (Sha'afi, Hanbali, Maliki and Hanafi) and three differing opinions, there.

I've sat this one out so far but as i see, as usual, Grahame is being random again, ie. replies that are irrelevant to the post he quotes.

Since when have the 10 commandments been universal? they don't apply to me and i'm sure many others agree

It's not a universal law. Can you show me any modern documentation stating that it is a current LAW?

the only universal law is the law of physics.

Archived