10 things the bible says you can't do that you do anyway.

ooh a one word answer - do you think Grahame will ever get the hang of that. You like the post when he said he was closing down over an hour ago and I asked if he was telling lies - yes or no and he dion't answer:hihi::hihi:

well, *raises hand* ask anyone, and they'll say a one-word answer is a near impossibility for me :hihi:

The earth is a fair bit older than that I think....

I know, I am curious about the date and whether it (supposedly) marks the age of the earth, the era in which Adam and Eve were living or some other significant event.

So what is the reason for the Hebrew calendar being on 5771 please?

We were talking about the "Law of Love" which if followed would render all other laws unnecessary.

Now you're trying to twist what you said yesterday.

Nowhere were we discussing "the law of love", we are discussing the non-existence of any "universal laws". You said there are universal laws, you were then proven to be incorrect.

At least have the courage of your convictions and stick to what you have said previously, rather than trying to change the direction of the discussion simply because you're uncomfortable with the truth.

We were talking about the "Law of Love" which if followed would render all other laws unnecessary.

Are you seriously saying you reject it?

No we weren't - that's a new one you dug up from some back room in your imagination. We were talking about laws about smacking some in the face then you started arguing with yourself about the non universality of crying but we never debated the Law of Love - if we had I'd have made some tacky tasteless remark about how it would end up with everyone humping in the streets if there were such a law taken to it's extreme

I know, I am curious about the date and whether it (supposedly) marks the age of the earth, the era in which Adam and Eve were living or some other significant event.

So what is the reason for the Hebrew calendar being on 5771 please?

I don't know - have you tried asking a rabbi? They may be a better bet. Geologists like me count in units a little larger than a year usually.

Now you're trying to twist what you said yesterday.

Nowhere were we discussing "the law of love", we are discussing the non-existence of any "universal laws". You said there are universal laws, you were then proven to be incorrect.

At least have the courage of your convictions and stick to what you have said previously, rather than trying to change the direction of the discussion simply because you're uncomfortable with the truth.

The Law of Love is the Golden Rule, known as the Golden Law since the 1600's. It is a universal law and we were discussing it yesterday. Then everyone went into thread spoiling mode and started talking rubbish which I have reported.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7164447&postcount=131

Archived