10 things the bible says you can't do that you do anyway.

No, you've just said that the Angel of the LORD appeared to Moses, and that it was jesus.

It was the Angel of the LORD who appeared to the shepherds to announce Jesus' birth.

Which is it?

exodus 3 v2

There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”

4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”

the Angel of the LORD appeared to Mary to announce that she was to become pregnant.

he also appeared to Joseph, to tell him not to "put Mary aside"

Then he, ( Angel of the LORD ) and the heavenly host appeared to the shepherds in the fields.

How, if Jesus was the Angel of the LORD, could he appear to the shepherds to announce his birth, if he was lying in a manger in swaddling clothes, a newborn infant?

No, you've just said that the Angel of the LORD appeared to Moses, and that it was jesus.

It was the Angel of the LORD who appeared to the shepherds to announce Jesus' birth.

Which is it?

exodus 3 v2

Throughout the Bible the divine presence is symbolised by fire, think of Jesus when he was baptised by John the baptist. Jesus was not the Angel of the Lord.

If people were tolerant, loving and forgiving they would be Christian in all but name. :)

No they wouldn't.

Are you now saying that you don't want people to be christians?

Perhaps you are a Christian?

No. I don't believe in any of the religious mumbo-jumbo (as you well know).

Throughout the Bible the divine presence is symbolised by fire, think of Jesus when he was baptised by John the baptist. Jesus was not the Angel of the Lord.

When Jesus was baptised by JTB, it was a dove that appeared, not fire. Fire and water don't mix!

No they wouldn't.

Are you now saying that you don't want people to be christians?

No. I don't believe in any of the religious mumbo-jumbo (as you well know).

You appear to be saying tolerance, love and forgiveness are not Christian attributes? They are certainly seen in the life of Jesus and yes, I would love the whole world to be like Him.

Angels were men

No lady angels then, in fact practically no lady characters in the Bible, thats odd don't you think, infact none of the Abrahamic religions feature women much, perhaps that just reflects the fact that these religions were invented by men, and documented by men, at a time/religion when women wern't realy considered important.

The bible says God is a guy, which is the opposite of nearly every religion that came before which had a fair number of powerfull female gods/characters, weird that.

Jesus wasn't a burning bush.

It doesn't say he was a burning bush, it says an angel. Angels were men, they were messenger of the Lord, just as a gifted teacher today might be a messenger of the Lord. I cannot explain the bush that did not burn, it may have been a bright light?

2And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

The burning bush was not Jesus or God.

I'm going to have to stop talking to you PT, you seem set on being disruptive. Sorry. The same goes for denlin as well.

as I said, surely you believe Jesus was not just an angel?

as I said, surely you believe Jesus was not just an angel?

"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (3:16d-17)

The Holy Spirit is depicted as fire and it was the Holy Spirit in the Burning Bush.

Archived