10 things the bible says you can't do that you do anyway.

You appear to be saying tolerance, love and forgiveness are not Christian attributes? They are certainly seen in the life of Jesus and yes, I would love the whole world to be like Him.

They are attributes of a good person. A person does not need to be a Christian to be a good person.

And having seen the behaviour of some self-described Christians (who are quite adamant about being Christian), especially where it comes to tolerance, I'm not sure they're definate attributes of Christians.

They are attributes of a good person. A person does not need to be a Christian to be a good person.

And having seen the behaviour of some self-described Christians (who are quite adamant about being Christian), especially where it comes to tolerance, I'm not sure they're definate attributes of Christians.

This is what we have been saying in-as-much as someone who is loving, kind, generous, and forgiving is displaying the attributes of neighbourly love which are universal qualities and which are encouraged in Christianity and other religions.

As we have also said by way of example the people in the Westboro Baptist Church do not exhibit those qualities even though they call themselves Christians and Jesus said people are known by their fruits which in their case are hateful and far from the teaching of Jesus.

If you read back through the thread it was said that Christians follow the teaching of Jesus which is love, humility, and forgiveness etc.

This is what we have been saying in-as-much as someone who is loving, kind, generous, and forgiving is displaying the attributes of neighbourly love which are universal qualities and which are encouraged in Christianity and other religions.

As we have also said by way of example the people in the Westboro Baptist Church do not exhibit those qualities even though they call themselves Christians and Jesus said people are known by their fruits which in their case are hateful and far from the teaching of Jesus.

If you read back through the thread it was said that Christians follow the teaching of Jesus which is love, humility, and forgiveness etc.

Go on Grahame forgive me, the Muslims, the Jewish nation and the gay people who don't live up to your standards but are probably more tolerant than you. Oh, sorry you're ignoring me now aren't you because you haven't got a logical answer to what I've asked

Go on Grahame forgive me, the Muslims, the Jewish nation and the gay people who don't live up to your standards but are probably more tolerant than you. Oh, sorry you're ignoring me now aren't you because you haven't got a logical answer to what I've asked

Do you expect any different?

Just this once.

If the police were tolerant of crime it would be wrong.

Whoa. This thread got up and away without me noticing until now! I don't do Grahame. I have found there is no satisfaction in seeing logic and reason bounce off his tin foil wrapped head and land at his feet.

I love it when people start to cherry pick the bible. There should be footnotes stating which laws still apply and which ones don't matter any more. Considering it's the word of God, I think it's rubbish. God must derive some serious pleasure watching people sqyuabble about it.

Surely christians also have to believe in the creation myth? Adam And Eve were the original sinners. Without their deeds (and the snake's input), there would have been no reason for god to send his son, zombie Jesus to a Middle-Eastern bronze age backwater, be nailed to a cross.

Whoa. This thread got up and away without me noticing until now! I don't do Grahame. I have gound there is no satisfaction in seeing logic and reason bounce off his tin foil wrapped head and land at his feet.

I love it when people start to cherry pick the bible. There should be footnotes stating which laws still apply and which ones don't matter any more. Considering it's the word of God, I think it's rubbish. God must derive some serious pleasure watching people sqyuabble about it.

Surely christians also have to believe in the creation myth? Adam And Eve were the original sinners. Without their deeds (and the snake's input), there would have been no reason for god to send his son, zombie Jesus to a Middle-Eastern bronze age backwater, be nailed to a cross.

Bloomdido. You started this thread with the obvious intention of having yet another 'pop' at Christianity. So what do you do? You give examples of Judaism! Do you not know anything?

Archived