10 things the bible says you can't do that you do anyway.

So tell me then - do you go a bowshot from the city walls with a wooden paddle and relieve yourself into the hole taht you dig with the paddle every time you need to answer the call of nature?

I mean, if humankind is just as bad now as it was then - then we should carry on with this fine tradition as after all it says to do so in the Bible.

Or perhaps we can agree that indoor plumbing, sewers and privies are a better bet.

You are confusing technology with morality. :)

So god created us as "selfish" and "lustful" (without both of which the human race would not now exist) and then changed his mind and decided we shouldn't be selfish and lustful?

You said "Yeah, and 'new' testament, isn't exactly up-to-date either." and I replied with words to the effect that human nature is unchanging.

If you have something else you want to ask then feel free.

I think it's strange, doesn't say there's anything wrong in having whoopie with your brother's wife. But pulling out... oh no no

It’s Genesis 38:9-10: “Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the Lord; so He took his life also.”

and for some reason I always knew... football is the devil's game, actually I'm starting to think heaven is rather under populated atm.

What is your question? This is about inheritance that went to the first-born child and Onans possessions would have gone to his brothers side of the family.

What Onan was doing was wrong in Gods sight.

Basically these people were wicked and what I said about human nature is still happening today.

I like the closing paragraphs:

"As a final note, I know that nine of these 11 cite the Old Testament, which Christianity doesn’t necessarily adhere to as law.

To which I say: If you’re going to ignore the section of Leviticus that bans about tattoos, pork, shellfish, round haircuts, polyester and football, how can you possibly turn around and quote Leviticus 18:22 (“You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.”) as irrefutable law?"

Not in the slightest Grahame.

Are you going to answer the question please? It's a reasonable one to ask.

You will have to rephrase the question because I don't understand it. As was said earlier these were Old Testament and this situation is about hygiene which is why in our lifetime people had the privy at the bottom of the garden,

I like the closing paragraphs:

"As a final note, I know that nine of these 11 cite the Old Testament, which Christianity doesn’t necessarily adhere to as law.

To which I say: If you’re going to ignore the section of Leviticus that bans about tattoos, pork, shellfish, round haircuts, polyester and football, how can you possibly turn around and quote Leviticus 18:22 (“You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.”) as irrefutable law?"

Because it is a common theme running through the whole Bible starting with Sodom and Gomorrah.

Archived