10 things the bible says you can't do that you do anyway.

You will have to rephrase the question because I don't understand it. As was said earlier these were Old Testament and this situation is about hygiene which is why in our lifetime people had the privy at the bottom of the garden,

Translation: It's an awkward question that makes Grahame look foolish so he will obfuscate and bluster in the hopes of deflecting it.

You said Grahame "People haven't changed either. Humankind is still as selfish and as lustful as ever they were which means that what was relevant then [in the times of Leviticus and the OT] is relevant today."

So why do you use indoor plumbing then? That goes against what your God is telling you. So why do you pick and choose then? You don't get to pick the nice bits, like eternal salvation and being nasty to gays and Muslims whilst ignoring the nasty bits like bans on indoor plumbing and wearing garments of different threads.

Translation: It's an awkward question that makes Grahame look foolish so he will obfuscate and bluster in the hopes of deflecting it.

You said Grahame "People haven't changed either. Humankind is still as selfish and as lustful as ever they were which means that what was relevant then [in the times of Leviticus and the OT] is relevant today."

So why do you use indoor plumbing then? That goes against what your God is telling you. So why do you pick and choose then? You don't get to pick the nice bits, like eternal salvation and being nasty to gays and Muslims whilst ignoring the nasty bits like bans on indoor plumbing and wearing garments of different threads.

They were man-made laws, made by the Levities for the Jews. I'm not a Jew and Jewish law does not apply to me or you. The only man-made laws I follow are English law.

They were man-made laws, made by the Levities for the Jews. I'm not a Jew and Jewish law does not apply to me or you. The only man-made laws I follow are English law.

You have been quite clear in insisting that these laws are to be obeyed - at least the ones you agree with.

So why are you not obeying all of them?

You have been quite clear in insisting that these laws are to be obeyed - at least the ones you agree with.

So why are you not obeying all of them?

Because the Mitzvot laws and there are 613 of them are found in the first five books of the Torah and are referred to collectively as the "Law of Moses"

So hopefully you will understand that these man-made laws of Moses were written specifically for the Jews while God's laws are for everyone, Jews included.

This brings us to an important point. There is the command to "Love your neighbour" regardless of who your neighbour is and also, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." These are God's laws which are universal for their is only one God.

So as a Christian I do not follow the Law of Moses which is only for Jews, I follow God's laws that include not stealing and not murdering etc. which are universal and which provide us with a world-wide church commonly known as Christianity.

Because the Mitzvot laws and there are 613 of them are found in the first five books of the Torah and are referred to collectively as the "Law of Moses"

So hopefully you will understand that these man-made laws of Moses were written specifically for the Jews while God's laws are for everyone, Jews included.

This brings us to an important point. There is the command to "Love your neighbour" regardless of who your neighbour is and also, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." These are God's laws which are universal for their is only one God.

So as a Christian I do not follow the Law of Moses which is only for Jews, I follow God's laws that include not stealing and not murdering etc. which are universal and which provide us with a world-wide church commonly known as Christianity.

Yet Jesus (PBUH) said that he did not intend one jot of the law should pass away...?

Except of course that you don't. I seem to recall you saying that Saddam Husseins death was perfectly acceptable and then trying to wriggle out of it.

As well as your constant diatriabe against those people in LEviticus that you don't like. You selectivly and hypocritically cherry pick that which you do like and then claim otherwise.

So tell me - why do you do it?

Awww you spolied it PT - that was going to be my next request...:-)

Go on then Grahame - what's the answer?

The Levitical law is to be ignored, unless you are a Jew.. is that what Grahame said?

The prohibition on homosexuality is a Levitical law. (lev 18:22)

Archived