10 things the bible says you can't do that you do anyway.

You chronology is wrong.

1. The first sign we have of things not being right in the world was the disobedience in the Garden of Eden.

2. This was followed by the murder of Abel.

3. Then in Genesis six in the time of Noah we read the people had become corrupt, wicked and violent.

4. Then long after Noah the Ten Commandments were given to Moses who was the leader of the Israelites. The Jewish nation had not been established at that point

5. When the Jewish nation was established much later, it is then we get the 613 Jewish Mitzvah laws and we can read about the effect of these laws when we read about all the wickedness, violence and murder that was committed by the Jews against other people. These are not God’s laws.

As time has gone by humankind has become more violent and not long ago someone posted the seven laws listed in the Tosefta and the Talmud that go back to Noah, long before the Jews ever existed.

1. Prohibition of Idolatry

2. Prohibition of Murder

3. Prohibition of Theft

4. Prohibition of Sexual immorality

5. Prohibition of Blasphemy

6. Prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive

7. Establishment of law courts

The Jews veered away from these laws as we can see from their later violence and idolatry, the Golden Calf being only one example. When Jesus said MY law shall not pass away he was speaking of the universal law and not the Jewish laws which were for one nation at one particular time which ended with the death of Jesus.

What is the Law of God? It is this:

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and the great commandment. And the second is like it. You shall love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and Prophets" (Mat 22:37-40)

Understand this, Where there is love there is no hate, where there is love there is no murder, wickedness or corruption and all the negative laws that say don’t do this and don’t do the other can all be done away with, for ALL the laws hang on the two commandments to Love God and to love others. The law of love will never pass away. People will disobey it but God’s law of love will always remain to the betterment of everyone who obeys it. Not eating pork and not wearing cloths made of mixed fibre have nothing to do with the law of God which is to love our neighbour as ourself.

Grahame, you're quoting the old testament like you believe in it when you have said it is not part of Christianity

the sin of Ssodom and Gomorrah was, IIRC,their inhospitability toward the strangers, not "men with men".

Wrong.

"Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom — both young and old — surrounded the house. They called to Lot, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.'"

Wrong.

"Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom — both young and old — surrounded the house. They called to Lot, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.'"

Thats the old testament again Grahame

Wrong.

Inhospitality is always the reason cited in scripture for the destruction of Sodom. Homosexuality is never cited in scripture as the reason God destroyed Sodom.

for therefore [for hospitality] came they under the shadow of my roof” -Genesis 19:8.

Here I go. . . . tell me if I'm wrong. . but I'm fairly confident with these answers.

1 - Be Vegetarian.

2 - Be a Gay or put your willy in a man.

3 - Stroke a cat the wrong way.

4 - Do rape.

5 - Make love to a relative. (slow or fast)

6 - Kill stuff.

7 - Eat a Jew.

8 - Say Jesus was black.

9 - Believe in dinosaurs.

10 - Have happy hand time.

Archived