Lost passport - can anyone please help?

I know, I'd not dare carry my passport around all night, I don't even like taking it in town if I start a job etc :hihi:

I've had 3 friends lose their passport - only 1 was handed in to the police station.

Yes, it was a risk I hadn't wanted her to take (and regrettably my worst fear came true!) :(

Have you reported it lost then? You rang around the police stations? You never know, someone may have handed it in. (I think most people would).

yes I have reported it to the police and they said it would be better if we could intercept it before it got to them. Otherwise it is sent straight to Liverpool and my daughter can't have it back, she has to apply for a new one. It's to do with ID theft etc. :(

yes I have reported it to the police and they said it would be better if we could intercept it before it got to them. Otherwise it is sent straight to Liverpool and my daughter can't have it back, she has to apply for a new one. It's to do with ID theft etc. :(

Yeah, that makes sense I suppose. Have you rang all the places she went to?

There's an official, Government-approved proof of age scheme called PASS, a quick look at the authorised suppliers shows you can get one for £12 - and there might even be others than even cheaper.

That has to be a lot cheaper than replacing a passport or getting a driving licence.

There's an official, Government-approved proof of age scheme called PASS, a quick look at the authorised suppliers shows you can get one for £12 - and there might even be others than even cheaper.

That has to be a lot cheaper than replacing a passport or getting a driving licence.

That may be the case but I know that a lot of places (well, especially here on the Isle of Wight) will only accept passports or driving licences as proof of ID.

I think it is totally wrong that young people have to carry passports around with them in the evenings when they go out just to prove they are of an age to drink.

That may be the case but I know that a lot of places (well, especially here on the Isle of Wight) will only accept passports or driving licences as proof of ID.

I think it is totally wrong that young people have to carry passports around with them in the evenings when they go out just to prove they are of an age to drink.

According to the website, retailers who don't accept the card can be reported

"HAS YOUR PASS CARD BEEN REFUSED?

If you have a PASS card and it is refused by a retailer please complete and return a card refusal form which will be forwarded to your card issuer in order to carry out an investigation as to why your card was refused. We are currently looking for PASS card holders aged 18-25 who were refused entry at the door to participate in an event on 10th November in London; for further details contact kate@pass-scheme.org.uk"

I'm assuming this means that retailers can be obliged to accept the card as proof of age.

Printer, laminator and a photo, make yer own.

Not so sure that would work here lol :hihi:

Done that loads of times in america (where the drinking age is 21 and a lot of places HAVE to ask for ID, even if you are obviously over that age!)

Even a badly laminated UK licence works in the states as most people have never seen a UK licence before but like the fact it has a picture of you on it. :D

Do you know if she will have to pay for a replacement if it is cancelled?

John X

Archived