Need new car advice please

Lada Riva. 1200cc. One owner. 56,000 miles. After market sunshine roof. Does leak. After market wheel trims. Do fall off. Date of Manufacture, 1978. Finished in Lada yellow, AM radio and trendy plastic carpets. Grease soiling on passenger seat. Delocked, all locks open with screwdriver (provided in sale) Drives very stable with crook lock deployed in a straight line. Nearly new remoulds. Yours with five day MOT, and tax end Jan, priced to sell with offers around 120 -150 quids.

Lada Riva. 1200cc. One owner. 56,000 miles. After market sunshine roof. Does leak. After market wheel trims. Do fall off. Date of Manufacture, 1978. Finished in Lada yellow, AM radio and trendy plastic carpets. Grease soiling on passenger seat. Delocked, all locks open with screwdriver (provided in sale) Drives very stable with crook lock deployed in a straight line. Nearly new remoulds. Yours with five day MOT, and tax end Jan, priced to sell with offers around 120 -150 quids.

TBH...

If you knew how much you could sell those things to ... (Cough) 'enthusiasts' for... i will take a dozen at that price. :D

TBH...

If you knew how much you could sell those things to ... (Cough) 'enthusiasts' for... i will take a dozen at that price. :D

I was only given advice, as a pointer. Do you really think I would sell my classic car for that much? It has main dealer service history up to 3500 miles. I did the rest myself. Including the gearbox oil in the main sump and sawdust. Just so it sounds sweet. I can run it on petrol, diesel and mixtures of both. And cresote.

You're not giving us much to go on apart from budget.

How many does it need to seat?

Are you bothered about fuel costs/insurance/servicing etc..

How many miles do you do and where are those miles done? (town/motorways/etc...)

New/2nd hand or not bothered.

Petrol/diesel or no preference?

You're not giving us much to go on apart from budget.

How many does it need to seat?

Are you bothered about fuel costs/insurance/servicing etc..

How many miles do you do and where are those miles done? (town/motorways/etc...)

New/2nd hand or not bothered.

Petrol/diesel or no preference?

Seat 2+

Insurance/fuel costs/servicing is not a problem

I drive to London Weekly,Leeds 3 times a week I use my car for everything that is not walking distance.

New car not secondhand

No prefererance petrol or diesel.

Loads of choice even for a new car.

You could get a new Golf for around £16-17k. It will be the 1.6TDi (105) and basic spec but its the best med. hatch on the market.

New Astra has the 100k warranty and some deals are available.

Focus is being replaced soon so present one is being offered at discounted prices.

Skoda Fabia?

Or Hyundia (sp?) i20/i30 with great warranties.

Can you get a MINI D/One for that budget? probably not ideal for a long journey but very cheap to run.

Just looked, basic MINI D is about £16k with decent spec and low emissions so £35 road tax.

Archived