Smelly Herberts - Why are there more of these people around?

It's no excuse either.

Absolutely, I was homeless for a short period when I came out of the army years back and made sure I was in a public toilet somewhere (services, shopping mall etc) every morning getting a wash and shave, probably went with the training though, you feel so much more refreshed after a wash and spruce and feel so much more motivated to get stuff done.

and some people, many are usually older women, seem to spend 50 p on bottles of awful scent, then use far too much of it, but I have said this on a previous thread .

This is true, there were two today in a queue - I didn't think anywhere was selling stuff like that:gag:

Also agree with the poster who mentioned children not being adequately dressed for the cold weather:( but I wouldn't take the children away from their parents, they just need to be told

OP never mentioned homeless,even if she did homeless people don't have to stink.

very true wallace. back in 1996 i found myself homeless and i actually lived in my car for 6 months. but at no time was i a smelly herbert. I used to swim in a nearby lake every night and take with me a bar of soap. I had a wet shave useing the rear view mirror, and my clothes went to a nearby laundrette. theres no need for anyone to smell.

You should try working in a hospital just this morning I was faced with a guy who smelled so bad I thought I would faint.These people have no self respect or any respect for anyone else, It's beyond disgusting.

But surely thats something to consider if you're working as a doctor or nurse? Those jobs have always involved dealing with the most vulnerable in society, and some will not be clean. The A&E staff must get the worst of it.

Some of us are more sensitive to smells and dirt than others, one reason why I could never have worked in a hospital! My nose is ultra sensitive (unfortunately) and I've got off the tram/bus before now because of someone smelling really bad. I can't start my day without a shower, I don't know how people who rarely wash function. Anyway, I've taken to spraying a bit of Chanel on my scarf so I can breathe that in if nec. when I'm on the tram. ;)

My OH used to work for a company where the staff had to visit people in their homes to carry out installations and some of the houses (and people) stank to high heaven. Their trick was to get a tiny bit of Vicks Vaporub and smear it under their nose before they went into the house.

For the smelly herberts: get up and perform the 3 S's before you leave the house!!!!

Archived