Family Holiday 2011

Hi all,

Looking to book a holiday abroad this year August/September time, there will be 4 adults and 1 child (4 years old).

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go? Ideally we would like to go all inclusive. We want somewhere with good weather, kids club/good kids facilities. Its My daughters first holiday abroad so thought I might be best off asking for advice from other parents/families as to where is good and where to avoid?. We don't have a budget as such but dont want to spend a ridiculous amount. also dont really want to fly any longer than say 3-4 hours tops as it is the first flight for my daughter

Thanks in advance

Have you thought about a cruise? I know they aren't All Inclusive but they are very good value and you could cruise around the Meditteranean from Southampton without flying at all! Also the kids clubs facilites are exceptional. I've been with P&O and Thomson cruises and would recommend either of these.

Sorry to butt in- I will be looking for 2 adults 2 kids around the same time, also wanting AI but not in aposition to book until probably April.

A friend went to Bulgaria last yr and stayed B&B and it was dirt cheap btu good she says. AI worked out more (obviously) but that's one place I looked at.

Majorca somewhere is another good one- I have only been to Palma Nova/Magaluf and wouldn't take kids there. But there are other more family friendly places such as Alcudia, Cala D'or etc.

Menorca is supposed to be good for families too.

Or somewhere on the SPanish mainland.. no idea where though!

I've heard Afghanistan is nice...loads of brits and yanks go there every year and spend 6mths at a time....:hihi:

On a serious note, I'm looking to do the same this year, will be our daughters 1st holiday abroad and ours for a while as I haven't had a passport since I came out the army in 2000. The budget thing is an issue for us though so will probably be going to Germany or Austria, but even without a budget they are really nice places for all ages. or Italy...I went to Lido de jeselo on the north coast as a young'un and loved it.....

Archived