Live SKA at West st Live Friday 21/1/11 (FREE entry)

Kamble

Saw them on Friday and they were excellent! You couldn't help but move your feet. My only complaint is that it was really crowded and I had to leave early or get squashed. Jungle Lion are obviously very popular (deservedly so) so maybe they should be looking at bigger venues?

I really enjoyed myself and think its great we have somewhere like West Street Live right in the centre of town.

Saw them on Friday and they were excellent! You couldn't help but move your feet. My only complaint is that it was really crowded and I had to leave early or get squashed. Jungle Lion are obviously very popular (deservedly so) so maybe they should be looking at bigger venues?

I really enjoyed myself and think its great we have somewhere like West Street Live right in the centre of town.

Jungle Lion evidently have a large following but it's not just the fact they are really popular that rammed the venue, there's other factors like the free entry element and the location of the venue yeilding natural passing trade from the busy thoroughfare. We're quite often as busy as that on weekends at peak times with other bands on and it's frustrating because we wish we were a bigger venue. What can we do though one wonders? Answers on a postcard...

Either way we'll still always endeavour to bring the best cover acts we can afford to our stage (eg Jungle Lion, Highway Child and many of our other regular bands) on weekends and we're always striving to improve on the quality because we'll freely admit that we don't always get it right. Anyhoo, the outstanding Jungle Lion are next back on Saturday 14th May so pop it in your diaries and get down early that night! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for coming to see us the other week, and to all the staff at West st Live - we really enjoy playing there and will be back again soon. Our next show is on FRIDAY FEBUARY25th at Penelope's, on Arundel gate (find the Odeon cinema next to the O2 academy, the door to Penelope's is to the right of the upper doors to the cinema).

We're supported by Imani Hekima from Bradford, doors open 9pm, it's £3 entry.

If you're on Facebook here's a link to the event: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=188145974542440

Hope to see you there! :D

Archived