Problem with 52 plate Corsa - any ideas?

Hi,

Seem have a prob with my car, when in low rev's under 2k I get a loud rattling sound, kinda sounds like something is loose. Car is a 1L petrol.

Not very mechanically minded so any info is appreciated, just really want ideas as to what it could be so I dont get ripped off by a garage!

Thanks in advance!

any probs ring me..mick

Well I had it checked last night and its not the heat shield, they seem to think its something to do with the transmission seen as it only happens after gear changes. Its goin in for a proper check over on Sat.

How much would you charge to come and take a look Mick?

or better still buy this kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-LEFT-GEAR-SELECTOR-LINKAGE-CORSA-C-COMBO-TIGRA-/230394002457?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a48d7c19#ht_1753wt_1139

and get a local trusted garage to fitted it, it only takes half an hour if the mechcanic is any good

So the kit cost £22 and half hour fitting = £40 ,any garage giving a qoute more then £62 is ripping you off

Well I had it checked last night and its not the heat shield, they seem to think its something to do with the transmission seen as it only happens after gear changes. Its goin in for a proper check over on Sat.

How much would you charge to come and take a look Mick?

hi i dont charge a ''call out fee''mick

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-LEFT-GEAR-SELECTOR-LINKAGE-CORSA-C-COMBO-TIGRA-/230394002457?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a48d7c19#ht_1753wt_1139

and get a local trusted garage to fitted it, it only takes half an hour if the mechcanic is any good

So the kit cost £22 and half hour fitting = £40 ,any garage giving a qoute more then £62 is ripping you off

That's assuming the local parts suppliers are the same price as ebay, which from my own experience they usually aren't ( i used to work on cars a fair bit ) and i doubt many garages buy their parts from ebay, or you would be waiting longer to get your car fixed!

I think "ripping you off" is a bit harsh, unless it goes way over the £100 mark

its doesnt need a quick fix so why dont the guy order it on ebay, wait for it to come then get a local guy to fit it

I never said he shouldn't, my post was in reply to the part i have highlighted below:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived