Benefits advice please

I can understand why you're upset but let's try to break this down a little bit. The person who phoned you is employed by DWP and is an individual, you are not going against DWP as a whole.

This means that someone in a government office is not giving you the service that is expected and is being unreasonable. I would suggest that under no circumstances you cancel your claim (why should you?) and ask to speak to a superviser to talk over the conversations you have had with a representative of DWP. Ask if you can talk to another adviser. You are ill, in pain and don't feel up to being interrogated by this person. Say that you understand that they have to ensure that you are a genuine claimant but your are feeling intimidated by this person. Keep calm, write it down before you phone if it makes you feel as you can talk easier.

You know when you go shopping for example and you receive bad service from a big shop like Debenhams or Tesco? Well it's the shop representative that is giving you bad service not the shop itself.

Don't be intimidated by one person.

Finally take someone with you to the meeting.

Good luck.

I can understand why you're upset but let's try to break this down a little bit. The person who phoned you is employed by DWP and is an individual, you are not going against DWP as a whole.

This means that someone in a government office is not giving you the service that is expected and is being unreasonable. I would suggest that under no circumstances you cancel your claim (why should you?) and ask to speak to a superviser to talk over the conversations you have had with a representative of DWP. Ask if you can talk to another adviser. You are ill, in pain and don't feel up to being interrogated by this person. Say that you understand that they have to ensure that you are a genuine claimant but your are feeling intimidated by this person. Keep calm, write it down before you phone if it makes you feel as you can talk easier.

You know when you go shopping for example and you receive bad service from a big shop like Debenhams or Tesco? Well it's the shop representative that is giving you bad service not the shop itself.

Don't be intimidated by one person.

Finally take someone with you to the meeting.

Good luck.

You have said exactly what my friend said. I do not know why this office bod was so rude to me.

I will not go to this meeting in particular, and will write with my friends help (he is good with words), and copy in a few people as I have done on previous occasions.

This man was unsympathetic and just talked to me like I was a criminal. I would like to see how he would have coped if he had been through what I had been through the last five years - and like many others on here too.

Where to these people get off?

He made me feel guilty - even though I am not.

I am not the sort of person to not turn up for meetings etc. I always face problems face on - but this man was probably one of the worst people I have ever spoken too.

I told him that I was making notes regarding his attitude

The letter arrived yesterday - wanting me to visit on Thursday. I queried this with him - but again he bit my head off

I thought you said you had been staying with your friend since christmas? how do you know a letter was delivered to your home address? or have you got a re direction on your mail?

I thought you said you had been staying with your friend since christmas? how do you know a letter was delivered to your home address? or have you got a re direction on your mail?

My father and a friend both have a key. So that they can let themselves in if I am there, and unable to get to the door quickly, and also to check up on things if I come away

Archived