As a kid what was your favourite sweet..

grinder

There were some oblong hard gums you could have in either Liquorice or butterscotch that just thinking about set my teeth on edge ...

Their Lions gums! Love em and you can still buy the liquorice ones from the sweet lady on the outside market on the moor. I have some in the house right now. Also Lions midget gems are the ones with the liquorice black gums as opposed to the new ones that are blackcurrent.

when i was a kid charlies fruit and veg horse and cart would pull up outside our house and hehad allsorts on there he had these two inch coconut squares coverd in chocolate wrapped in gold paper they were delicious
i think they were jap desserts they was my favs.

anything off the penny tray my nan lived on berkley st just off attercliffe common when we were kids there was a shop at the bottom of the road and they had a penny tray and you could pick what you wanted also does anyone remeber the orange juice in small milk bottles that were frozen and they would be sticking out of the top of the bottle oh happy days wish i could go back to them just for a while

Archived