Average speed camera help!!

Guest brownd95

What hazards?They are only their for revenue purposes.If they didnt make money they wouldnt be there.

I don't like "one-off" speed cameras because people speeding tend to slam their brakes on when they see them, but average speed cameras seem to work on roads where there is an accident history - and the A46 is notorious.

Hi everyone,

Need some help. Has anyone travelled from Newark to Nottingham recently via A52 / A46.??

There are some average speed camera's 40mph. It was late in the day and I was doing about 45mph daydreaming and then realised as I approached the 60 mph zone. HOLY <REMOVED>.

Do these cameras work?? it was a pitch black road and thats why i didnt realise till it was too late. What can i DO to avoid these points??

Is it worth taking it to court for poor visability. No street or camera lighting??

If anyone can help cos im a proud 10 years driver with a clean licence so far.

Thanks

Brownd95

10 years clean license and only 45 mph, you might get a driver awareness course, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

It may not be the case that ALL are set fast, but a great number are about 10% too fast. They probably do it these days so people don't sue the care companies when they get tickets! :hihi:

I believe it's actually illegal for a speedometer to read slow. Consequently, the car companies deliberately set them to read fast, so that if they're reading slower than they are supposed to read, they still won't be slow and the manufacturer can't be prosecuted.

I can't now remember whether I "know" that officially, or if it's just what I've heard so many other people say on various forums.

My mondeo is about 2-3 mph fast at a reading of 45mph according to the sat nav and the illuminated 'how fast you are driving' signs. 70mph on the speedo is 66mph according to the sat nav.

I thought I got nabbed doing 37 in a 30 limit by the mobile speed camera but have not heard anything yet. That was 4 weeks ago.

Archived