EMA to be scrapped

And sues_budgie-I work part time and I a lot of the customers are arses. I guess me coming home and whinging about them is just the same as what you've said about the students. Neither of us do it to their faces; it would be inappropriate. Apologies for being so snappy. I'm in a foul mood tonight :D

EMA has only been around for, what, 6 years?

What happened before it was introduced? Did 16 year-olds not bother to go to college?

Didn't today's students do enough collage in primary school?

Well there are now an extra 30% going to collage now than when it was introduced.

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6061794

I'm certainly not claiming that some of it isn't put to good use, what I am arguing is that it is the young that have got a very rough deal from the Coalition. I'd be cutting other things (Free bus passes, universal heating allowance) before I would cut EMA.

No that finishes when they are 16 so it's more like 4 quid a day. And as I said before, it's all well and good to say your children get home made stuff but what about the kids who come from families who's parents don't give a ****?

I don't mind Cameron but this is a huge mistake.

Put the blame where its due.

New Labour spent money on an unsutainable scale in the direction of education.

Long term members of staff were encouraged to throw sick for stress, which did mean an Agency worker took their lessons.

2 people being paid to deliver lessons. One doing the delivering and the other doing the skiving

Well there are now an extra 30% going to collage now than when it was introduced.

I'm certainly not claiming that some of it isn't put to good use, what I am arguing is that it is the young that have got a very rough deal from the Coalition. I'd be cutting other things (Free bus passes, universal heating allowance) before I would cut EMA.

Have they heck got a bad deal.

They need to remove the 'woe is me' attitude, get some backbone and get on with what they need to do.

In this case - get a job.

How did students go to college before 2004 when EMA did not exsist?

In my case, I had two part time jobs

Yes,kill the old off to give to the students for booze.Great

Archived