Shottle Hall - opinions?

OK I know this isn't in Sheffield but has anybody had a wedding there? Or been a photographer/guest there?

I am going for an appointment there on Sunday. Just wondered what peoples opinions were?!?!

Thanks in advance"!!

You haven't entered a competition have you by any chance?

I had a look at their web site and entered the coach house competition. They contacted me to arrange an appointment with them which is in a couple of weeks' time.

I have never visited the place, it looks nice on the web site, that's about all I know so I would love some more opinions! Particularly if there is anyone else who has won their 'competition' in the past. It appears to be something they are running all the time and a bit of a marketing ploy...

Haha yes it was from a competition! A clever ploy to get people there, fall in love with the place and only 1 couple win but some of the other will probably go back and pay!

I like the look of it but Im a bit put off by no prices anywhere. Even in the brochure/cards I received in the post.

• 2 weeks later...
OK I know this isn't in Sheffield but has anybody had a wedding there? Or been a photographer/guest there?

I am going for an appointment there on Sunday. Just wondered what peoples opinions were?!?!

Thanks in advance"!!

Just wondered how the appointment with Shottle went... we are going on Saturday. x

Hi,

I didn't want to post until you had been as I didn't want to influence you.

I wasn't really impressed with Shottle Hall, I didn't get anice feeling when I arrived or when I looked around the venue. Yes it is a lovely place but I didn't find it any nice than Aston Hall - if anything the guest rooms were nicer at Aston Hall.

Also the website said - WIN A WEDDING.....You didn't have that chance of winning a wedding - you would win the venure hire charge (mon - thu only) which works out at £1000. I was really dissapointed to get there to be asked what my budget was as they didn't want it to be awquard if we win and coudln't afford our wedding there. The menu was uninspiring and expensive and the staff at the hotel didn't even say hello.

I received an email from bespoke wedding ( which by the way the girl from there was lovely and good at her job) with a quote for my wedding there if I won the competition and it was £5150 for 50 day guest and 67 evening guests.

Thats not my idea of a 'Win a wedding competition' :o(

Rant over....hope your visit went better than mine!!

Hi,

I didn't want to post until you had been as I didn't want to influence you.

I wasn't really impressed with Shottle Hall, I didn't get anice feeling when I arrived or when I looked around the venue. Yes it is a lovely place but I didn't find it any nice than Aston Hall - if anything the guest rooms were nicer at Aston Hall.

Also the website said - WIN A WEDDING.....You didn't have that chance of winning a wedding - you would win the venure hire charge (mon - thu only) which works out at £1000. I was really dissapointed to get there to be asked what my budget was as they didn't want it to be awquard if we win and coudln't afford our wedding there. The menu was uninspiring and expensive and the staff at the hotel didn't even say hello.

I received an email from bespoke wedding ( which by the way the girl from there was lovely and good at her job) with a quote for my wedding there if I won the competition and it was £5150 for 50 day guest and 67 evening guests.

Thats not my idea of a 'Win a wedding competition' :o(

Rant over....hope your visit went better than mine!!

Hi there,

You thought about as much of it as us then, lol! Luckily, we kinda went into it thinking that the "competition" was never a competition in the first place, so we weren't too disappointed.

The venue seemed lovely inside, but I had entered the marquee competition and they didn't even realise that and therefore didn't tell us the marquee wouldn't be available to view when we drove down there (an hour there, an hour back). Okay, it was February, maybe we should have realised the marquee wouldn't be up because of the weather, but I asked about the Coach House hoping she would offer to show us and she didn't.

The girl who showed us around was new, so she didn't really have much of a response when we asked her questions. She told us that Shottle Hall was big enough for our numbers and the marquee was too large, when in fact the marquee would be the only venue large enough for our day numbers. We weren't inspired by the food as the prices were high, even without VAT, and there was only one option per course at that price.

They've since tried to call me asking for my email address (I have emailed them twice - once to enter the competition and once to confirm the meeting (they never responded to the second one)) so why on earth would they need my email address yet again? Needless to say, I haven't responded to that one and I think it's safe to say I haven't won the competition as I didn't submit the 100 words they asked for - never mind! :hihi::hihi:

Archived