Former head of IAEA says West hyping Iran's Nuclear programme

It is in the Interests of the Saudi Elite that the West and Israel should be seen to be the Bloc that neutralises Iran (and Syria) thereby protecting Saudi in the process.

Is it? Well there we go then. But what's that got to do with the issue of whether Iran is or isn't trying to aquire nuclear weapons?

Oh well that's solved that one ! :rolleyes:

Generalise saying blacks and whites don't get on and you would be screaming

to high heaven about racist generalisation and stereotyping.

Well done, but I am sorry for confusing you with my ironic reply.

Do you think that the Arab countries and Iran may have been and will continue to be strategic rivals for the domination of the region? Also do you think that a Sunni and Shiite rivalry may also explain any traditional hostility between the Saudi's and the Iranians?

I suppose though that some people can never seem to go beyond the Jewish conspiracy though. :roll:

Iran seeking nuclear weapons technology: ElBaradei

By Mark Heinrich and Sylvia Westall

VIENNA | Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51pm EDT

(Reuters) - Iran wants the ability to build nuclear weapons to gain the reputation of a major power in the Middle East, the head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog said in a BBC interview broadcast on Wednesday.

Tehran denied the assertion. But International Atomic Energy Agency Director-General Mohamed ElBaradei told Iran at an IAEA meeting that it would not be trusted unless "you go the extra mile" and lift restrictions on U.N. inspections.

If this is hype, then ElBaradei is guilty of it himself. And perhaps Western powers and indeed those that would be under threat in the Middle East from an aggressive nuclear armed Iran, would be less suspicious if Iran would stop arsing around with the IAEA inspections teams.

Well done, but I am sorry for confusing you with my ironic reply.

Do you think that the Arab countries and Iran may have been and will continue to be strategic rivals for the domination of the region? Also do you think that a Sunni and Shiite rivalry may also explain any traditional hostility between the Saudi's and the Iranians?

I suppose though that some people can never seem to go beyond the Jewish conspiracy though. :roll:

Conspiracy? Who is the actor that is a spitting image of Obama? Perhaps you believe that the clip is re-dubbed?

What were you saying about conspiracies?

It's all about big boys and their toys. The yanks want all the toys, and do not want others to have the same toys as them.

Then of course there is the whole yanks acting on behalf of Israel thing on top of that.... Israel shares the yanks toys.... because of their brothers in top positions in the us gov. Some of their brothers have top positions over here too....

Oh well, nothing we can do about it.

The former head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has said that Western countries are exaggerating concerns over Iran's nuclear program.

"There's a lot of hype in this debate," Mohamed ElBaradei said in an interview with the Austrian news agency APA published on Tuesday.

The United States and its allies accuse Iran of following a military nuclear program, but Tehran has repeatedly refuted the charges.

Under Western pressure, the UN Security Council imposed a fourth round of sanctions against Iran's financial and military sectors in June.

Tehran argues that as a member of the IAEA and a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, the country has the right to use peaceful nuclear energy.

Last year, ElBaradei hailed a nuclear declaration signed between Iran, Brazil, and Turkey that named Turkey as the site of a nuclear fuel swap between Tehran and potential suppliers.

The former IAEA director described last year's May 17 declaration as “a precursor to full-scope negotiations with world powers.”

"I believe it's quite a good agreement. I've always said that the only way to resolve the Iranian issue is by building trust," said ElBaradei, who headed the IAEA for 12 years until November 2009.

Earlier this month, Iran invited international diplomats to tour the country's nuclear sites as a goodwill gesture aimed at highlighting the "transparency" of its nuclear program.

Representatives from the IAEA, the Non-aligned Movement, Group of 77, the Arab League and the Syrian and Venezuelan ambassadors to the IAEA visited the sites on Saturday and Sunday.

The visitors made a tour of the Arak heavy water reactor and Natanz enrichment facility.

AGB/ZHD/AKM

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/160800.html

Bounce you've hit the nail on the head,Personally every country should be forced to destroy their nuclear weapons.

Archived