Manufacturing in China shutting factories in USA

I remember reading about seafood that was caught off Scotland, transferred to Hull, shipped to Rotterdam, shipped again to the Far East. Prepared in the Far East, then Shipped back to the UK via Rotterdam.

The food manufactures did this because it was cheaper than preparing the food here!

Youngs, they take their fish on a world cruise before it lands on your plate.

Europe Canada USA Australia and New Zealand should exclude everyone else from their markets (Tariffs).

Fine if you don't mind paying an extra couple of grand for inferior goods just so a load of lazy sods can get artificially high wages.

To be honest I'm quite happy to buy the goods I choose to buy in what is supposed to be an open market. But if you prefer to buy western goods you are equally free to do so.

Fine if you don't mind paying an extra couple of grand for inferior goods just so a load of lazy sods can get artificially high wages.

To be honest I'm quite happy to buy the goods I choose to buy in what is supposed to be an open market. But if you prefer to buy western goods you are equally free to do so.

I agree with BritPat. Until China starts to let it's currency float to what it should be on the world money market, stop selling it's products dirt cheap on the back of it's underpaid, semi-slave work force then it's exports should be subject to tariffs

Only some parts of Boeing's aircraft are manufactured in China. The vital parts such as the wing assemblies are still made at their plant in Everett, Washington state and the whole plane finally assembled at that plant.

The General Electric and optional Rolls-Royce engines are of course manufactured in the US and UK

I agree with BritPat. Until China starts to let it's currency float to what it should be on the world money market, stop selling it's products dirt cheap on the back of it's underpaid, semi-slave work force then it's exports should be subject to tariffs

If you don't like the Chinese buy from India Sri Lanka, Vietnam or Indonesia. All have lower wage costs than China.

If you don't like the Chinese buy from India Sri Lanka, Vietnam or Indonesia. All have lower wage costs than China.

When it comes to clothes I have no choice. Look at the clothing in any big or small clothing store in the US and it's all made in any of the above countries.

I know there are a few clothing manufacturers still in business but they more than likely manufacture clothing exclusively for the military and law enforcement agencies and stopped competing for the general market long ago

Archived