Wearing a suit about town

Its a bit harder to throw a punch in a suit, so there will always be more T-shirt wearers, just in case you get in a bit of trouble.

Perhaps, but I don't look for, or get into trouble when I go out. On the contrary, I find that people open doors for you if you wear a suit, it also helps if you hold the door open for other people and wave them through.

When i was younger going down town meant we wore a suit, local pubbing we went casual, but going down town was a special thing

now i go down town a lot more than going local so i never wear one, things have just changed

When I was younger, we were expected to wear a suit on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights.

On Wednesday and Saturday nights we could dress casually. A Sports jacket was quite acceptable.;)

Me and my mate used to do a "Suit night" every now and again when we were at college when going down town.

You do stick out like a sore thumb but honestly you get plenty of attention from the females giving it the old "ohhhhh i like a man in a suit".

Worked everytime we went out! ;)

Hardly anyone seems to wear a suit for a night out on the town these days. I always do and I know of two other people who do on a regular basis. Should people attempt to dress smarter when going for a beer?

If your talking about sheffield town, it's a <REMOVED> tip, so to be fair why would you want to wear a suit?

Archived