Wearing a suit about town

Perhaps, but I don't look for, or get into trouble when I go out. On the contrary, I find that people open doors for you if you wear a suit, it also helps if you hold the door open for other people and wave them through.

I think he's talking about his kids considering his bent for violence.:loopy:

If your talking about sheffield town, it's a <REMOVED> tip, so to be fair why would you want to wear a suit? Plus, some people like to go out for a quiet drink and find that wearing a full suit draws unwanted attention (People tend to think men in suits have a lot of money) .. Just saying..

It may be a <REMOVED> tip but why should that decide whether or not you wear a suit? What if you like nice clothes that are fully taliored or my to measure? You can have a good pair of trousers made for about the price you pay for a good pair in a shop, unless you shop at Primark or the like.

If you want a quiet drink, why not just stay in with tinnies? I'm not sure I dig your angle.

Casual dress has always been more acceptable in the US as anyone thats visited from the UK will have noticed, but we don't have the local pubs like in England either, a few, but not many within walking distance like Sheffield has.

• 1 month later...
It may be a <REMOVED> tip but why should that decide whether or not you wear a suit? What if you like nice clothes that are fully taliored or my to measure? You can have a good pair of trousers made for about the price you pay for a good pair in a shop, unless you shop at Primark or the like.

If you want a quiet drink, why not just stay in with tinnies? I'm not sure I dig your angle.

deleted...

I went out with a girl a few years ago who reckoned that the ones who went out on the town in a suit were the ones who had rubbish jobs, the ones who went out more casually dressed generally wore suits for work and by definition had better jobs.

Not sure if that works these days though!

Archived