How should we punish reckless, dangerous behaviour?

To the OP - your post was well written and I did manage to get about a third of the way before I gave up - it was just too dense a load of reading for to take onboard at once. The run of the thread suggests others did the same and aare having a related but different discussion. Maybe you could try and summarise your main points and repost as it looks like a potentially interesting discussion.

It was in London during the day. I don't think you need much more than that to realise it was a reckless action.

reckless yes

dangerous yes

bloody stupid yes

mental even

but as i said i think its rather harsh to suggest he MEANT to kill or injure anybody, i seriously dont think it ever crossed his mind.

oh i know if i throw this off here hopefully ill kill a copper

reckless yes

dangerous yes

bloody stupid yes

mental even

but as i said i think its rather harsh to suggest he MEANT to kill or injure anybody, i seriously dont think it ever crossed his mind.

oh i know if i throw this off here hopefully ill kill a copper

No he probably just meant to scare them to death. Or possubly hurt them.

You are aware that you can be sent down for murder even if you never intended to kill them I presume?

No he probably just meant to scare them to death. Or possubly hurt them.

You are aware that you can be sent down for murder even if you never intended to kill them I presume?

murder

manslaughter

attempted murder

?

was he done for any of those?

he'd have got much more than he did if he was?

Archived