Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

Mod note: We've already asked you to stop the bickering and personal insults and to stay on-topic, which is about the playgroup, not the B&B owners.

To be honest, this tread is about perceptions of how anti-discrimination laws are used and I think it is perfectly valid to compare the two situations as examples of how misunderstanding of the use of these laws come about.

Agree about racism and homophobia but unfortunately this kind of thread always fetches racists and homophobes out of the woodwork. :(

John X

Does anyone else realise that this story, unproven, based on conjecture, murky and unclear, is exactly the sort of story Murdoch's Sun and Dacre's Mail will run, for no other purpose than to set the cat among the pigeons and get the knee-jerk reactionaries baying at their leads? Nothing's proven, nothing is clear, it seems at worst a hand may be being reached out to confused and frightened people, helping the assimilate?

My hatred of Murdoch and Dacre is far stronger than any hatred I have for people born in the lamentable circumstance of not being English, but being English means you automatically support the underdog and I support the women who may use this playgroup and those who oppose helping people get used to this country and integrate successfully are traitors.

That's not hyperbole, people who whine and snivel and moan about a helping hand being reached out to those less fortunate than us are traitors to England.

Did Nelson moan and whine when we were faced with Nazi hordes?

Did Churchill complain when faced with the Armada?

No, no and thrice no, we English are famous throughout the world for our tolerance and sense of fair play, we welcome those who embrace our values and feel England can only be enhanced by those who choose to come here and enjoy the best country in the world.

I have a dream, of white girls and black girls playing with each other, let's make it happen people. What could be nicer?

Stop this stupid bickering and division, stop letting rich people tell you who your enemies are.

Beautifully put. I'll buy you a pint the next time I'm back home.

I have a dream, of white girls and black girls playing with each other, let's make it happen people. What could be nicer?

Newsflash: It has been happening where I used to live in London for over 30 years!

I don't want to resurrect the old North/South thing, but it still shocks me to see people coming on here openly defending the BNP/EDL.

Where I have lived for most of my life, you would no more admit to supporting the BNP (or the British Movement or National Front before it) than you would admit to being a paedophile.

Yet people come on here and admit to it as though there was nothing wrong with it. :loopy:

John X

because their british

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3360154/Playgroup-ban-for-being-British.html

this country is going downhill fast:loopy:

time to send them all back imo.

The acid test should always be; would it be acceptable if it was the other way around?

Some might go to lengths to excuse and play down this discrimination, but would it be acceptable for any play group to specify "British Only". It wouldn't be, and we'd be deafened by the indignation of those that defend this play group.

The liberal left will say it's only one, and there are plenty of other places to go, but would they be just as accepting of any single place saying "British Only"?

Agree about racism and homophobia but unfortunately this kind of thread always fetches racists and homophobes out of the woodwork. :(

John X

By labelling people who express an opinion different to yours is a form of shaming them into silence. Censorship.

A person is not a racist or homophobe for having their own views on a subject or how society is developing.

Most views on matters which this thread relates to are based on the laws which have been introduced and peoples perception of how they are operated.

John X

By labelling people who express an opinion different to yours is a form of shaming them into silence. Censorship.

A person is not a racist or homophobe for having their own views on a subject or how society is developing.

Most views on matters which this thread relates to are based on the laws which have been introduced and peoples perception of how they are operated.

Labeling someone isn't censorship. On the contrary, trying to stop people labeling clearly is.

Labeling someone isn't censorship. On the contrary, trying to stop people labeling clearly is.

Both are censorship but my point was by labeling people who are not racists or homophobes but express a different viewpoint or one that some do not like or agree with is.

Archived