Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

I don't see how encouraging people to stick to their own and excluding British people could help anybody integrate, quite the opposite, it will encourage them to be separate and isolated.

Nonsense. That's why they have volunteers from ethnic backgrounds who have assimilated. This group is not run for and run by ethnics who have just arrived. If you looked at the wider picture and stop reading well placed inclusion of words in the article to whip up hatred, some of which are also capitalised: BRITISH, FURIOUS, gobsmacked you'll understand the Suns agenda.

The group is run on a low budget and quite literally couldn't cater for everyone who walks through their door. If I and my family moved to Delhi tomorrow my first inquiry would be to locate a group which catered for ex-pats as this would help speed up knowledge of local customs etc. If they allowed anyone in then the group and its aims would be reduced and I might as well go down to the local train station and sit around waiting for cultural/social tips. As someone has already said, you can't cater for a majority if your funds are aimed at a specific minority. If these women thought they were a minority:huh: I'm sure there are groups out there that could help. More than likely they were looking for cheap childcare through the charity.

To be honest, this tread is about perceptions of how anti-discrimination laws are used and I think it is perfectly valid to compare the two situations as examples of how misunderstanding of the use of these laws come about.

No, this thread's about a specific incident (not actually at a playgroup, thanks andygardener! :hihi:) - whilst there might be merit in debating the way anti-discrimination laws are used generally rather than just in this instance, that's a different topic, really. Besides the problem was not that people were comparing this situation with the B&B (and they come under different legislation/guidelines anyway so it's not a like for like comparison) but that they were derailing this topic into a discussion about that particular case rather than this one.

Quite the opposite, if this story is to be believed. Having places which are specifically designed to allow foreigners to integrate can only be a good thing.

Sending a British person to a place which is designed to allow foreigners to integrate, is palpably silly - the British are already integrated. This is Britain.

but shouldn't foreigners be "integrating" with british people, not each other?

Archived