Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

I think we should get this in perspective. First of all its The Sun newspaper we are talking about.Much ado about nothing.It sells newspapers and sends posts on threads like Sheffield Forum soaring.

Remember who has a massive influence over this country if we let them. The media.

I can see both sides of the argument and think that as usual the situation isnt so black or white as it is portrayed.

I can see the logic of a group that helps women from different ethnicity to develop their confidence and this hopefully will be the platform for them to get used to life in this country and enable them to integrate with their local community when they are more confident.

As with anything that is council/taxpayer funded, I always believe that the taxpayer should have value for money so I would expect that some sort of analysis of what the Company/playgroup set out to achieve in the beginning must be done as I am sure that no council can afford to spend money on something if it doesn't make a difference.

I do think that for communities to be cohesive we all need to understand each other and each others beliefs and respect that we have different beliefs, but we can learn so much from each other so I do think that playgroups should be accessible to all people, irrespective of race, gender, disability etc.

I think we should get this in perspective. First of all its The Sun newspaper we are talking about.Much ado about nothing.It sells newspapers and sends posts on threads like Sheffield Forum soaring.

Remember who has a massive influence over this country if we let them. The media.

I can see both sides of the argument and think that as usual the situation isnt so black or white as it is portrayed.

I can see the logic of a group that helps women from different ethnicity to develop their confidence and this hopefully will be the platform for them to get used to life in this country and enable them to integrate with their local community when they are more confident.

As with anything that is council/taxpayer funded, I always believe that the taxpayer should have value for money so I would expect that some sort of analysis of what the Company/playgroup set out to achieve in the beginning must be done as I am sure that no council can afford to spend money on something if it doesn't make a difference.

I do think that for communities to be cohesive we all need to understand each other and each others beliefs and respect that we have different beliefs, but we can learn so much from each other so I do think that playgroups should be accessible to all people, irrespective of race, gender, disability etc.

get intouch with them and ask them.

http://www.thepriorycentre.com/contact.asp

Archived