Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

If i went to Iraq and bought a shop.....:roll: And they had some kind of celebration, whatever that would be, I have no idea, I would put there decs or whatever up, as I'm in there country!! I wouldn't go to Iraq and take a cathedral, open a "Yorkshire pudding shop", a bank that only deals in £ sterling, Change there religious lessons in school, and then if they took offence at me start screaming racist! As I've said before "When in Rome...."

well said :)

Not from travelling but where is the logic in settling in a country where you can't speak the language and therefore are unable to integrate into your new home country.

I partly agree with your view, but it would be worth remembering hundreds of thousands of Brits live and work abroad without any consideration of learning the language of their host country.

If i went to Iraq and bought a shop.....:roll: And they had some kind of celebration, whatever that would be, I have no idea, I would put there decs or whatever up, as I'm in there country!! I wouldn't go to Iraq and take a cathedral, open a "Yorkshire pudding shop", a bank that only deals in £ sterling, Change there religious lessons in school, and then if they took offence at me start screaming racist! As I've said before "When in Rome...."

well said :)

Bit different from over here then

So ex-pat shops dont exist in foreign countries? Immigrants dont celebrate Xmas here?

There are Christian churches in Iraq and most middle eastern countries.

The British never imposed their culture on the Indian sub continent? Indigenous Africans, Americans or Antipodeans?

The Romans never accepted the indigenous cultures of the countries they invaded, so they were hardly in a position to speak about it.

I partly agree with your view, but it would be worth remembering hundreds of thousands of Brits live and work abroad without any consideration of learning the language of their host country.

If Brits want to settle, and settle is the key word, in a country they should learn the language, otherwise how can you integrate properly and if you do not want to integrate why choose that particular country to settle in.

]If Brits want to settle, and settle is the key word, in a country they should learn the language, otherwise how can you integrate properly and if you do not want to integrate why choose that particular country to settle in.

As I said I partly agreed with your view, but whilst many seem pre occupied with lambasting non English speaking immigrants they seem to forget that the freedom of movement by our citizens isn't curtailed by a requirement to speak the language of the country we reside in either.

Archived