Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

I don't have kids, so I don't think my help as some random strange guy at a playgroup would be appreciated.

It was a general point, if people genuinely believed in integration, groups like this wouldn't be necessary as the foreign mums would be embraced by the local community.

As I said I partly agreed with your view, but whilst many seem pre occupied with lambasting non English speaking immigrants they seem to forget that the freedom of movement by our citizens isn't curtailed by a requirement to speak the language of the country we reside in either.

Settle in and make their permanent home in the new country is the point I am making.

It was a general point, if people genuinely believed in integration, groups like this wouldn't be necessary as the foreign mums would be embraced by the local community.

Groups like this aren't necessary & only serve to make any problems worse.

What's going to happen when they get to school, after never mixing with any English people?

What about the little English kids that haven't seen a foreigner when they first go to school, because all the foreign kids were at foreign playgroup?

Or should we have segregated schools too? Maybe different toilets ...

I had this problem when trying to arrange sports events among different social centres Our centre could entertain the muslim community but we were not allowed in their centres because their women were in attendance...it makes a mockery of multicultural integration doesnt it.

Archived