Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

Or should we have segregated schools too?..

We already have them. Moreover, their numbers have increased by leaps and bounds in recent years, thanks to the the reckless folly of recent Labour governments in pursuing a multicultural agenda without regard for the adverse social and political consequences.

Cologne Kids

Do you have a toddler between the ages of 14 months and 3 years? Are you or your partner an expat from an English-speaking country? Cologne Kids is an established, English-only structured playgroup for toddlers and their parents. We meet every Tuesday from 3-5 p.m. near Hansaring in Cologne. Please email pamelaclarissa@hotmail.com if you would like to try the group out.

http://www.foodfromhome.de/content.10.7.php

What was that about pots and kettles again?

http://www.foodfromhome.de/content.10.7.php

What was that about pots and kettles again?

I believe that is referring to the English language, rather than nationality, so it's slightly different. I dare say if any German mothers wanted their kids to go to an English speaking playgroup, they'd be allowed.

Also, do they get German government funding?

I am trying to clarify why you don't fully agree.

..because I wouldnt want to curtail the free(ish) movement around the world of British citizens who choose not to speak the native language of the countries they choose to temporarily or permanently reside in.

I also dont necessarily believe the problem of non English speaking migrants in the UK is a significant one-it would be preferable if they could speak English, but 'Im not about to beat them up over it-most acquire the language over time.

I believe that is referring to the English language, rather than nationality, so it's slightly different. I dare say if any German mothers wanted their kids to go to an English speaking playgroup, they'd be allowed.

From what I read of the OP this group doesnt appear to receive government funding.

Groups like this aren't necessary & only serve to make any problems worse.

What's going to happen when they get to school, after never mixing with any English people?

What about the little English kids that haven't seen a foreigner when they first go to school, because all the foreign kids were at foreign playgroup?

Or should we have segregated schools too? Maybe different toilets ...

Forgive me, but I dont believe I'm defending the rationale of this playgroup, but I understand the reasons for its existence, one of which I stated previously.

They came as invaders to conquer and rule the country that is why they imposed their will.

The ability to subjugate others is not a virtuous reason to compel them to behave as you do-the 'when in Rome..'. saying only reflects badly on Romans, not the people they conquered or those who came to visit Italy.

So ex-pat shops dont exist in foreign countries? Immigrants dont celebrate Xmas here?

There are Christian churches in Iraq and most middle eastern countries.

The British never imposed their culture on the Indian sub continent? Indigenous Africans, Americans or Antipodeans?

The Romans never accepted the indigenous cultures of the countries they invaded, so they were hardly in a position to speak about it.

Erm, using the churches in Iraq as an analogy is probably not appropriate in this case considering that they're under constant attack, there have been bombing and murders and even their own archbishop has told them to flee the country for their own safety.

From the quoted listing: "Are you or your partner an expat from an English-speaking country?" It's specifically aimed at non-Germans in Germany.

Gov't funding? It appears to be financed by those who take part. In any case, my point being that it is quite clear that Brits abroad do exactly the same thing as what some here are criticising foreigners for doing.

So ex-pat shops dont exist in foreign countries? Immigrants dont celebrate Xmas here?

There are Christian churches in Iraq and most middle eastern countries.

It seems that christians in Iraq are fearing for their lives, apparently many have left the country.

The British never imposed their culture on the Indian sub continent? Indigenous Africans, Americans or Antipodeans?

Yes they did impose it and the Indians didn't like foreign laws and culture being imposed upon them, and neither did the others.

The Romans never accepted the indigenous cultures of the countries they invaded, so they were hardly in a position to speak about it.

The Romans were very tolerant of local customs and culture in the lands they conquered (Christians apart) as long as the taxes were paid!

carosio//675

Archived