Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

carosio//675

It seems that christians in Iraq are fearing for their lives, apparently many have left the country.

The poster I was responding to was/is unaware that Christian churches exist in the Middle East and for centuries in many cases. The degree to which they're tolerated wasn't a point I was addressing.

Yes they did impose it and the Indians didn't like foreign laws and culture being imposed upon them, and neither did the others.

Not tolerating foreigners who seek to entirely overwhelm and replace your culture with their own is not the same as foot stamping over the existence of a playgroup that excludes non foreigners.

The Romans were very tolerant of local customs and culture in the lands they conquered (Christians apart) as long as the taxes were paid!

They were tolerant of customs and culture that didnt offend their own.

sigh here we go again

almost ALL playgroups are for ALL mums, it looks like that one was set up to be slightly different, no sweat, just use one they can use

So you would support One to be set up slightly differently for White kids only?

Non-Immigrants only?

From the quoted listing: "Are you or your partner an expat from an English-speaking country?" It's specifically aimed at non-Germans in Germany.

Gov't funding? It appears to be financed by those who take part. In any case, my point being that it is quite clear that Brits abroad do exactly the same thing as what some here are criticising foreigners for doing.

I think the basis of all these situations is the fact that many in this country feel that not everyone is tret the same by the implementation of the equality laws.

I think the basis of all these situations is the fact that many in this country feel that not everyone is tret the same by the implementation of the equality laws.

Have you ever wondered why equality laws were created in the first place?

So you would support One to be set up slightly differently for White kids only?

Non-Immigrants only?

as ive stated before, the one in question ISNT set up on race, its not a black v white, infact looking a the pictures the vast majority ARE white :suspect:

white "british" kids / parents dont generally have as many issues to deal with that foriegn ones do in this country.

"white" british kids can go to any of the thousands of other playgroups int he country easily enough ................but no, they NEED to go to the one thats not set up for their needs...........sods law

Yes I understand why they were created but peoples perceptions of their fairness in cases like this causes resentment as many posts prove.

It seems to me that issues like this only cause resentment to those who seek out issues like this to be resentful towards.

Yes I understand why they were created but peoples perceptions of their fairness in cases like this causes resentment as many posts prove.

I politely suggest that people offended by a play group that excludes them for certain reasons, whilst 99.999% of playgroups dont, should grow a pair or at least try to enter into grown up dialogue as to why such a group is necessary and how they can help these mother's and children integrate within their local community.

Having your miserable, indignant face photographed for a national newspaper whilst moaning about a bunch of nothing makes you appear mean spirited, intransigent and actually quite ignorant.

Archived