Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

It seems to me that issues like this only cause resentment to those who seek out issues like this to be resentful towards.

And back on topic:

So true Max. Its only two hours out of a week. It gets £1000 a year from the local council towards its running costs. A mere drop in the ocean, and a very small part of its funding. Most of its funding comes from the Lottery, and no one is forced to contribute to that.

If it helps one or two young mums who are isolated because of language or culture or whatever then its working. The two young British women pictured in the paper don't look as if they need help to integrate, or to understand British ways of life, which I suspect is part of the 'Making Links' purpose.

But hey, some of us just need something to rant about. :rant:

should us blokes be allowed to go swimming in female only classes?

or turn up at school even tho we're far past school age?

it was a playgroup set up for a particular set of people, and ENGLISH mums have every other playgroup in the country to pick to go to.

tbh i wouldnt put it past these papers to actually send a couple of mums just to get turned away so they get a story, just like the police sending kids to shops to buy booze

Well it's a story worth printing and disgusting that british people are banned from a group whose aim is supposed to be integrating.

Who are they supposed to be integrating with?

And back on topic:

So true Max. Its only two hours out of a week. It gets £1000 a year from the local council towards its running costs. A mere drop in the ocean, and a very small part of its funding. Most of its funding comes from the Lottery, and no one is forced to contribute to that.

If it helps one or two young mums who are isolated because of language or culture or whatever then its working. The two young British women pictured in the paper don't look as if they need help to integrate, or to understand British ways of life, which I suspect is part of the 'Making Links' purpose.

There needs to be a like button for this post. :)

And back on topic:

Well who are the accepted members supposed to learn to intergrate with if the citizens of this country aren't allowed in?

Well it's a story worth printing and disgusting that british people are banned from a group whose aim is supposed to be integrating.

Who are they supposed to be integrating with?

After you have wiped the foam from your mouth...

Would you like to suggest a way that we can help people with language problems to integrate?

Go on, do you have a better idea.

Or any ideas at all?

Consider the opposite - if they had a playgroup with a 'No Foreigners' sign on the door, it'd be closed down & rightly so.
Exactly, and that is the crux of the matter and nothing else.

It is issues like this that are the best recruiting agents for the BNP/EDL.

You'd be a racist if you set up a group/club for Brits only, but you're a trouble causer if you object to a 'Brits only exluded' organisation/group/club.

After you have wiped the foam from your mouth...

Would you like to suggest a way that we can help people with language problems to integrate?

Go on, do you have a better idea.

Or any ideas at all?

You're supposed to be a moderator, well I've reported the first line of your reply which I find stupid and offensive especialy for a moderator.

Surely the best way to integrate is to do just that instead of isolating from cetain sections of the community who just happen to be the existing citizens.

Exactly, and that is the crux of the matter and nothing else.

It is issues like this that are the best recruiting agents for the BNP/EDL.

You'd be a racist if you set up a group/club for Brits only, but you're a trouble causer if you object to a 'Brits only exluded' organisation/group/club.

You'd be a racist if you foamed at the mouth about such an "organisation/group/club", whilst conveniently ignoring all of the groups organised along the lines of gender, or political affiliation or age.

Archived