Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

I didn't say "ban" It wasn't a court order :roll:, 99% of shops and properties on darnall are owned by ethnics so no shop decs, My mother worked at the newsagents and the owner told her no decs, Its against his religion and he found it offensive, Unfortunately my mother didn't think to tape him or get a written statement, I could possibly get a job there, undercover like and see if he finds chickens and eggs offensive and tape his "confession" for you?? Would you like that? :roll:

well what do you expect?

its NOT a ban, its shop owners decorating their shops how they want, if they dont celebrate christmas why would they be expected to put christmas decorations up?? :suspect::huh::help:

well what do you expect?

its NOT a ban, its shop owners decorating their shops how they want, if they dont celebrate christmas why would they be expected to put christmas decorations up?? :suspect::huh::help:

Errr Tradition?? religious beliefs of the country your living in? decency? Not wanting to "segregate yourself? Not wanting to be disrespectful?? etc etc... :roll:

well what do you expect?

its NOT a ban, its shop owners decorating their shops how they want, if they dont celebrate christmas why would they be expected to put christmas decorations up??

I think it depends on who the customer base is, really. The Turkish Muslims who run the kebab shop local here always have decorations up, wear Santa hats etc.

Isn't this all a bit off topic, though?

With the op, my opinion is that the playgroup should have let the two women in that actually wanted to go, as someone said earlier it was a missed opportunity for two english women with kids to integrate and make some links with immigrant mothers with little kids.

Bit lame on the part of the organisers I reckon, discriminating against toddlers. Miserable gits.

Errr Tradition?? religious beliefs of the country your living in? decency? Not wanting to "segregate yourself? Not wanting to be disrespectful?? etc etc... :roll:

so if you went to somewhere like iraq you WOULDNT be celebrating YOUR christmas?

even our soldiers out there did.as best they can

some interesting points i noticed about this story

"Trainee midwife Kimberley, also from St Neots, chose the group because it was free - whereas other groups in the area charged £2."

"The website claims about 50 women attend the weekly sessions every Thursday.

It adds: 'Making Links frees them from feelings of isolation, helps them build multicultural friendships and empowers them with knowledge about the local community.

'Thus Making Links presents a friendly St Neots face to people who might otherwise be outsiders.'

Roger Owen, administrator for Making Links, said that the group is not a 'typical' playgroup and is funded entirely for women from other nationalities.

He said: 'We believe there are plenty of other alternatives for British mothers in the town.

'We have had an issue with men turning up before and back then we told them the group is strictly for mothers so it's nothing to do with racial discrimination.'"

"According to the Equality and Human Rights Commission website, under the Equality Act 2010 it is not unlawful to set up a group especially for a particular ethnic or national group.

Under the act discrimination based on colour is unlawful."

some interesting points i noticed about this story

"Trainee midwife Kimberley, also from St Neots, chose the group because it was free - whereas other groups in the area charged £2."

"The website claims about 50 women attend the weekly sessions every Thursday.

It adds: 'Making Links frees them from feelings of isolation, helps them build multicultural friendships and empowers them with knowledge about the local community.

'Thus Making Links presents a friendly St Neots face to people who might otherwise be outsiders.'

Roger Owen, administrator for Making Links, said that the group is not a 'typical' playgroup and is funded entirely for women from other nationalities.

He said: 'We believe there are plenty of other alternatives for British mothers in the town.

'We have had an issue with men turning up before and back then we told them the group is strictly for mothers so it's nothing to do with racial discrimination.'"

"According to the Equality and Human Rights Commission website, under the Equality Act 2010 it is not unlawful to set up a group especially for a particular ethnic or national group.

Under the act discrimination based on colour is unlawful."

You can prove anything with facts.

Archived