Non -Foreign Mums banned from Foreign-only playgroups..

Hmmm once again someone has come on here with a valid statement and is being ripped to bits by the tree huging sandal and sock brigade :roll:

It is pretty simple really....

Some people come to this country and want to follow the way of life they have lived in their own country, nothing against this personally but when it stops British traditions and culture from having the same freedom then there is a problem.

Like i said earlier, if they are wanting to intregrate into society then they should not segregate themsleves from out diversity which is what (imo) they are doing!

so if you went to somewhere like iraq you WOULDNT be celebrating YOUR christmas?

even our soldiers out there did.as best they can

If i went to Iraq and bought a shop.....:roll: And they had some kind of celebration, whatever that would be, I have no idea, I would put there decs or whatever up, as I'm in there country!! I wouldn't go to Iraq and take a cathedral, open a "Yorkshire pudding shop", a bank that only deals in £ sterling, Change there religious lessons in school, and then if they took offence at me start screaming racist! As I've said before "When in Rome...."

Sorry, you're wrong. There is absolutely nothing in law to stop you setting up a charitable activity which is limited to a particular section of the public, even if that selection is on the ground of racial origin. Where the BNP quite rightly got thumped is because running a political party is not a charitable activity.

I did not say they were not allowed to do it, what I said was it is racist and what would happen if immigrant kids got refused into a playgroup on grounds of race plus this playgroup is council funded and run by volunteers so it is not really a charity.

Discrimination is discrimination.

So it is you that is wrong.

Hmmm once again someone has come on here with a valid statement and is being ripped to bits by the tree huging sandal and sock brigade :roll:

It is pretty simple really....

Some people come to this country and want to follow the way of life they have lived in their own country, nothing against this personally but when it stops British traditions and culture from having the same freedom then there is a problem.

Like i said earlier, if they are wanting to intregrate into society then they should not segregate themsleves from out diversity which is what (imo) they are doing!

THEY havent stopped anything? :huh::suspect:

the group is extra, not instead of

I did not say they were not allowed to do it, what I said was it is racist and what would happen if immigrant kids got refused into a playgroup on grounds of race plus this playgroup is council funded and run by volunteers so it is not really a charity.

Careful billo, Spindrift will want any comments in wrting, signed by a witness and taped if possible ;), Otherwise its just not true!

"Making Links, which is based at the Priory Centre in the town, is funded by a £1,000 annual grant from St Neots Town Council.

The community group is staffed by church volunteers and also receives money from the Co-operative community development fund and the Open Door Church in St Neots. "

Archived