Put fuel in car only to findout I forgot my card

Is this a joke, I have done it before and was given one hour or the police would be wrung.

I guess it's up to the cashier's discretion - how much of a high risk you appear/ how worried he/ she is about losing their job etc.

**** happens, don't be too embarrassed by it.

No not a joke, I went in and explained to the staff behind the counter, I filled in the sheet and she said to drop it is when I can. They didn't say an exact time or anything.

I would go now but I'm that tired it wouldn't be safe for me to drive. So I'm going first thing in the morning

I guess it's up to the cashier's discretion - how much of a high risk you appear/ how worried he/ she is about losing their job etc.

**** happens, don't be too embarrassed by it.

They wanted to ring the police there and then :o if I was going to do a “drive off” I am not going to stand in the shop just to make sure they get a good mug shot am I. :hihi:

I once put £20 petrol in and went inside to pay my rent as well and because the cashier normally knows which pump you're at without you saying anything I presumed he'd added the petrol on. It was only when I got home that I realised I'd not been charged for the petrol. :blush:

Hi people,

I feelso embarrassed :( Just been to petrol station and put a tenner diesel in my car only to find I'd forgot my bank card :(

I'm too tired to drive now so off to bed then going in the morning to pay it.

Has anyone else done this?

i wouldnt worry too much, it happens daily. they usually give you a week to come back and pay it. if you dont your details get passed to a debt recovery company.

Is this a joke, I have done it before and was given one hour or the police would be wrung.

most garages let you do the form filling and give you a week to pay. in 'notorious' areas they make you leave your car there and go and get the money before you are allowed to drive off, they do indeed report you to the police if you refuse.

like the driver of the green fiesta i spent nearly 15mins sat behind in a garage in middlewich waiting, until i realised something was amiss - my fault for being too patient i guess.

Archived