Put fuel in car only to findout I forgot my card

The wife once went to Tesco in Chapeltown, got petrol, bought some groceries and forgot to pay for the petrol. She got a phone call from the police the next day. Strangely, she had been talking to the police the day before about an accident she had reported, so she started the conversation by saying, "Oh yes, I was waiting for you to call. It wasn't me".

I did it at the station at moonshine other day. £40 in and no card in my wallet. They werent pleased to be fair but I was pretty apologetic, followed by abrupt when they werent happy lol. They took my licence and address etc and I went back and paid the next day, no problems. What choice do they have really if you have made an error and forgot card/money, like it or lump it.

What happens when he leaves his fuel card in his wallet with his bank card and leaves his wallet at home? :D

We went to Palermo one day. My co-pilot left the fuel card at home.

So we filled up using his Mastercard. - It was accepted. :hihi:

Then we called our operating agency and told them to put some money in his account - and fast!

About a week later, the bank wrote to him ... and increased his credit limit to a really impressive figure.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

most garages let you do the form filling and give you a week to pay. in 'notorious' areas they make you leave your car there and go and get the money before you are allowed to drive off, they do indeed report you to the police if you refuse.

That would be interesting then - if they deny you use of the vehicle they are committing theft.

Archived