Put fuel in car only to findout I forgot my card

No they're not. Theft Act S1(1): "A person shall be guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it."

How are you going to prove that they intend to deprive you permanently of your vehicle?

Does that mean that if I stole a car with every intention of driving it for a week and then returning it, it wouldn't be classed as theft? :suspect: Just borrowing without permission...?

Does that mean that if I stole a car with every intention of driving it for a week and then returning it, it wouldn't be classed as theft? :suspect: Just borrowing without permission...?

Guess why they have an offence of Taking a vehicle Without the Owners Consent.....

And what I said was correct in it's entirety. It is not theft. It could be something else, which I expounded upon later in the very next sentence. I applaud you for your selective quote out of context however that makes it look like I didn't consider that point.

Oh gosh, you really have got me all wrong. I thought your post was very good and I wasnt nit picking. Yes I agree that all the information in your post is correct but the reason I selectively quoted that one part was that I just wanted to add that deliberately driving off is an offence called making off without payment as set out in the Theft Act 1978. I'll stick to just reading threads in future and not bother to comment.

Then if I have your intentions wrong and the selection was just unfortunate I apologize unreservedly for my comments. Please don't stop posting just on a misunderstanding though.

Thank you, I've been using this forum for 5 years and sometimes I feel confident enough to post and sometimes I dont. I only post if I feel I have something to add and dont have any hidden agenda to any other individuals who post here so I wouldnt want you to think I had specifically targetted your post.

Thank you' date=' I've been using this forum for 5 years and sometimes I feel confident enough to post and sometimes I dont. I only post if I feel I have something to add and dont have any hidden agenda to any other individuals who post here so I wouldnt want you to think I had specifically targetted your post.[/quote']

I've been having an interesting time with Grahame who does do that sort of thing all the time. It's no reason for me to reflect those difficulties on to you though and I am sorry again if it caused you offence or distress.

Archived