Playing Poker with friends

gempau

True it does make it a little easier i suppose. What it also does is turn it more into a skill game than a bingo night. If you can estimate opening hands etc then your skill level will teach you to approximate your chances of being ahead. If eveyone called with anything then it's just play and pray.

I suppose it doesn't matter how you learn as long as you realise you have something to learn (and we all do). I love internet players that rate themselves 10 out of 10. I think wow i've played with devilfish and Phil Hellmuth and even they wouldn't say they have nothing to learn.

For reference blondepoker web site is superb and you can also read about the hell of being a pro and having a bad run (the amounts will make your eyes water) No names or you'll look me up and realise i'm rubbish :gag:

Good luck, may all your hands be aces and remember.

"you got to know when to fold them, know when to hold them, know when to walk away know when to run" now tell me you wheren't all singing along.:clap:

you really MUST play poker for cash, me and a group of mates usually play a tournament with a £5 buy, since a fiver is bugger all for a fun night of getting drunk and playing poker. However winning £ 50 is well worth playing for.

None of use are that great but we have a right laugh.

best bet would be meet up round a mates house. but having said that we play in a pub.

Anyone know if the gambling laws apply to a "private party" ?

See ive always been told that aslong as no money is changing hands then a landlord can serve all night, since its a private party ie hes got a few mates round his "house" for a few drinks/

Originally posted by Hubert

you really MUST play poker for cash, me and a group of mates usually play a tournament with a £5 buy, since a fiver is bugger all for a fun night of getting drunk and playing poker. However winning £ 50 is well worth playing for.

None of use are that great but we have a right laugh.

best bet would be meet up round a mates house. but having said that we play in a pub.

Anyone know if the gambling laws apply to a "private party" ?

See ive always been told that aslong as no money is changing hands then a landlord can serve all night, since its a private party ie hes got a few mates round his "house" for a few drinks/

Lock-ins are perfectly legal, so long as you don't pay for the beer. You can make a donation, but can't buy the beer.

With the change in the licensing laws, I'm sure the police will be a litttle more lenient anyway.

Archived