How full do you fill your tank

Well, I didn't really think you look like Rufus Sewell, nor did I think you were a Venetian Policeman working in Rome. But he drives a Giulietta and he's been on TV recently.

Perhaps one downside to owning a car like that in Sheffield might be that it could be a popular target for vandals. - I've no direct experience; I'm just going by the number of threads on this forum about snapped off mirrors, 'keyed' paintwork, slashed tyres etc.

It should be a fun car to drive though and this road test gives it a pretty good rating.

Lol I was offended when I thought you had compared me to a 40 something italian PI.

I have a garage so the car will stay in there when not in use.

My car is quite old and has a low fuel filler. I fill mine till it's just about spilling out.

On average, just my normal commute and a few odd spurious trips (no long journeys) it lasts about a month now. I drive it right through the red zone. My car does a further 25mile when the needle hits the rest spike

mines constantly on petrol light either just above empty or just below when the needles on the E i know i have roughly about £5 in the tank, if it drops below i stick £5 or £6 in the tank to take it back above empty, the only time i put more than £20 in is if im off on a long journey and i dont know where the petrol stations are.

I have my eye on Giuletta, but i'm open to suggestions.I was going to get an Audi initially but changed my mind.

An Alfa are you insane woman or just have too much money and thought it would be an interesting new way to get rid of it?.:o

You will certainly enjoy driving it there are not many cars that can compete with an alfa for sheer driving experience that is providing it decides to start or that it hasn't become a pile of rust overnight, or that the beautifully engineered but overly complicated suspension hasn't inexplicably developed a serious fault while you were shopping resulting in you having to call a tow company who will send a large sweaty man with halitosis and a builders crack to bring your pride and joy to your dealer where after three days of fiddling they will present you with a bill so large it will need it's own tow truck to get it out of the office and the news that your beloved car will need to be shipped back to italy where it will need to be fed a special diet of sunshine olive oil and pasta with two months bed rest before it will be ready for the rigours of the british climate.

Really have you considered a VW golf.:D

I accidentally bought a Rolls Royce several years back when I was off work with man flu and supposedly bed ridden.

The ex was not well pleased when she got back from work to find it taking up most of the street!

She was even less chuffed when I went to fill it up for the first time! I stuck £100 in and thought it best to leave it at that due to the expression on her air conditioned face. It was nowhere near full! :gag::hihi:

She was ... what's the word? ... oh yeah ... apoplectic when a hub cap fell off and I paid £150 for a new one (second hand) Then spent another £80 having it colour matched! :hihi:

(don't worry ... I'm not showing off, the car (silver shadow) was quite cheap and I knew I'd make a profit when I sold it (which I did)) :D

I usually fill my car fully, but last time that came to over £100 and I really felt pain. In future I will probably just drop in £50 and fill up a bit more often.

Recently I've found that the price of Super is not much different to regular unleaded. I've noticed that I get a smoother drive and better mileage on the stuff and now use it as a matter of course. It actually saves me money.

Archived