25years and no sign of a watch

Having completed 25 years service at the same company maybe, I thought, it would not pass without some recognition but, alas, no.

Never mind a gold watch nobody even ventured from the office to thank me- I feel totally demoralised. It just confirms what I suspected, my employer doesn't give a fig about his employees, we are just numbers and a means of making him profit.

As far as I am concerned thats me done. No more favours for him. No more putting myself out to get him out of a jam. I'm sickend by the whole episode.

I would be interested in anyone else's experiences in passing this milestone. Maybe I have got it all wrong and should not have expected anything at all but- well - I really am pig sick.

what i would do is ask your fellow workers out for a drink on friday to celebrate 25 years of working there, but dont invite the boss.

Also like you say dont do any favours, i dont. I never work overtime, even though i get asked, and only change my hours when it suits me. I even go to the bog in works time, i never go on my breaks

what i would do is ask your fellow workers out for a drink on friday to celebrate 25 years of working there, but dont invite the boss.

Also like you say dont do any favours, i dont. I never work overtime, even though i get asked, and only change my hours when it suits me. I even go to the bog in works time, i never go on my breaks

What happens if you really need a big poo when you start your break?

Having completed 25 years service at the same company maybe, I thought, it would not pass without some recognition but, alas, no.

Never mind a gold watch nobody even ventured from the office to thank me- I feel totally demoralised. It just confirms what I suspected, my employer doesn't give a fig about his employees, we are just numbers and a means of making him profit.

As far as I am concerned thats me done. No more favours for him. No more putting myself out to get him out of a jam. I'm sickend by the whole episode.

I would be interested in anyone else's experiences in passing this milestone. Maybe I have got it all wrong and should not have expected anything at all but- well - I really am pig sick.

There's a chance that it hasn't even occurred to anyone - you have to bring it to his attention, in a half serious/half jocular manner.

I got £50 bonus for my 5 years at the same place and they even payed the tax, you get £100 for 10 years and a meal with the directors (main CEO who is a regular visitor to all his store) ETC. And if your over 60 years of age the CEO calls round with a OFC (old farts club) badge.

I have done 31 years and last year (30 years) I got nothing. In our overseas offices the staff get a new watch (generally a TAG) for 15 years and another for 25 years but in the UK not even a 'congratulations' !!!

I know how the OP feels !!!

Tag watches are awesome.

Archived