25years and no sign of a watch

Having completed 25 years service at the same company maybe, I thought, it would not pass without some recognition but, alas, no.

Never mind a gold watch nobody even ventured from the office to thank me- I feel totally demoralised. It just confirms what I suspected, my employer doesn't give a fig about his employees, we are just numbers and a means of making him profit.

As far as I am concerned thats me done. No more favours for him. No more putting myself out to get him out of a jam. I'm sickend by the whole episode.

I would be interested in anyone else's experiences in passing this milestone. Maybe I have got it all wrong and should not have expected anything at all but- well - I really am pig sick.

My ex colleague had been at the organisation that we worked for more than 25 years. When she decided to retire she was given a....PLANT When she hit the 25 year mark she was sent a measly card that was blank from inside apart from where two out of the four GP's had signed the card. To make it worse whoever bought the card had left the price tag of 25p on the back of the card.

Very sad considering how hard she had worked, was dedicated to her job role & passionate about the organisation & that was all the thanks she got.

Interestingly enough when the senior GP hit the 25year mark. His partners & management went to town for him :gag: at his party which was pretentious & full of BS. *fake smiles springs to mind*

Hard as it maybe at the moment don't take it personally. I think it says it all about their professionalism which is none as to how they have treated you. Like someone else mentioned get the sick note in ;)

Sorry, there was me thinking you had your tiara on tonight ;)

It was an insult to her. She deserved a lot better.

One of the places I worked at bought a sales rep who had been there for 25 years a Rolex worth nearly four grand, the fella nearly passed out.

Having completed 25 years service at the same company maybe, I thought, it would not pass without some recognition but, alas, no.

Never mind a gold watch nobody even ventured from the office to thank me- I feel totally demoralised. It just confirms what I suspected, my employer doesn't give a fig about his employees, we are just numbers and a means of making him profit.

As far as I am concerned thats me done. No more favours for him. No more putting myself out to get him out of a jam. I'm sickend by the whole episode.

I would be interested in anyone else's experiences in passing this milestone. Maybe I have got it all wrong and should not have expected anything at all but- well - I really am pig sick.

Thrown your dummy away yet again, maybe you should be happy that you have had a job for 25 years, resign and make him feel pig sick, he could re-employ you on a better salary and make you a director which is obviously what you are worth.:rant:

Thrown your dummy away yet again, maybe you should be happy that you have had a job for 25 years, resign and make him feel pig sick, he could re-employ you on a better salary and make you a director which is obviously what you are worth.:rant:

Wrong side of bed springs to mind. :rolleyes:

Archived