25years and no sign of a watch

My ex colleague had been at the organisation that we worked for more than 25 years. When she decided to retire she was given a....PLANT When she hit the 25 year mark she was sent a measly card that was blank from inside apart from where two out of the four GP's had signed the card. To make it worse whoever bought the card had left the price tag of 25p on the back of the card.

Very sad considering how hard she had worked, was dedicated to her job role & passionate about the organisation & that was all the thanks she got.

Interestingly enough when the senior GP hit the 25year mark. His partners & management went to town for him :gag: at his party which was pretentious & full of BS. *fake smiles springs to mind*

Hard as it maybe at the moment don't take it personally. I think it says it all about their professionalism which is none as to how they have treated you. Like someone else mentioned get the sick note in ;)

Perhaps they thought it appropriate to spend that much to mark the occasion and decided to leave the tag on to show that they had put a lot of thought into it rather than just buying the first card they seen.

I got a gift voucher, we could even pick which store we wanted the voucher for, don’t Cole Brothers do a good long service award?

Why do people want praise for doing a job they get paid for, is it something to do with ego ?.:huh

Recognition ………. How many people have a job for that long these days?

Why do people want praise for doing a job they get paid for, is it something to do with ego ?.:huh:

I suspect it isn't ego but more to do with recognition. On the other hand I haven't read anything about the employee gifting an employer as recognition for the 25yrs they have been kept in employment.

I don't expect my employees to reward me for giving them a job - that would be far too much like an apple for teacher as it were.

I do like to give my longer serving ones some recognition not for the work and service they offer - that's what the salary is for - but it's recognition for their fidelity and loyalty.

So far, we have a nice silver pen (fountain or rollerball) for three years, and a desk clock (for home or work) at five years.

We haven't been trading ten years so no-ones got anything yet, but I'd be interested in what people would like as I need to start thinking of something soonish.

Archived