Which car do you recommend?

Originally posted by Chloe

We went to Dixons, saw some lovely cars, with some lovely prices... lol! I did see 2 fiestas that caught my eye. Both S reg, one had 5 doors, the other 3. I like the 3 door one better. Also saw a nice T reg Daewoo Laton (?) that was really cheap but the milage was 85,000!!

I could have bought a car a long time ago really, it's just the insurance. After phoning round, the dearest one for me (being under 21) was £3000 and the cheapest being £1100. While we're here, anyone recommend any good insurance places?? The cheapest one for me up to now has been Tesco.

Chloé

There us a company that deal with women only its called Diamond their number is 0800 36 24 36 they are open from Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday/Sunday 10am to 4pm and their website is http://www.diamond.uk.com/

Insurance is the frightening bit as you are so young.

Whatever car you get it will cost you an arm and leg in insurance costs so you might consider running it through your fathers insurance, if he will let you that is.

I would be interested in quotions you have if its not personal so i could get an idea for my own son who is thinking of driving.

I,m sure when he see's your quote he might think again.

Good luck with your car Chloe whatever you may get.

Originally posted by NutroniC

There us a company that deal with women only its called Diamond their number is 0800 36 24 36 they are open from Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday/Sunday 10am to 4pm and their website is http://www.diamond.uk.com/

Diamond are run by Norwich Union Direct and are known for over pricing!

I'd opt for RAC online as they search through a massive database of insurers to find the best deal!

I got mune through them, and am insured withg AXA (via RAC), and they beat AXA's direct quote by over £400!

Weird:loopy:

There are 2 places to go and have a look at cars, but not to buy as they are both over-priced, imo. They are Car Craft next to the airport and Direct Cars near Crystal Peaks. They both have an impressive range of vehicles and, in the case of Car Craft, you can sit in the ones they have indoors without asking the salesmen.

Reminder: only use these places to chose your car then go home and look on the internet for real prices.

Good luck.

Originally posted by max

There are 2 places to go and have a look at cars, but not to buy as they are both over-priced, imo. They are Car Craft next to the airport and Direct Cars near Crystal Peaks. They both have an impressive range of vehicles and, in the case of Car Craft, you can sit in the ones they have indoors without asking the salesmen.

Reminder: only use these places to chose your car then go home and look on the internet for real prices.

Good luck.

Excellent advice that max! Well done mate! :thumbsup:

we bought car from dixons (nissan) recently, and no problem. went in to look at 2nd hand cars, but they had good deals on new ones (got 1 years free insurance, interest free credit, etc) it worked out better to get a new one.

(You had to be 21 to get the free insurance though).

A relative has just bought a new car through jamjar.com - they had to go and pick it up from somewhere near Doncaster, but saved over £700 over the best price they could find from a 'real' dealer. I believe it is owned by Dixons anyway!

I used to get my insurance through Endsleigh (when I was under 21) - you don't have to be a student to use them, which was cheaper than most places. I now use Direct Line (or will go back when my 1 years free runs out ;-) )

Be wary about insuring a parents name, if the car is registered / owned in your name, but insured in theirs, they may not pay out if you need to claim (as they could claim the insured person is not the primary driver). Plus you don't build up a no claims discount, if you take the longer term picture.

Chloe, what you want is a Peugeot 306. It just so happens that I have a lovely one for sale -see here.

Even if you're not interested in mine - I've had three french cars and they have all been reliable, although I think Japanese one's are suppose to be even better.

They showed the new Panda on Top Gear last night, which got a very good review. You can pick up a brand new one with alloy wheels, ABS and all sorts of toys for just £6.5k. You often get good finance deals or free insurance when buying new.

Originally posted by Zamo

Chloe, what you want is a Peugeot 306. It just so happens that I have a lovely one for sale -see here.

Even if you're not interested in mine - I've had three french cars and they have all been reliable, although I think Japanese one's are suppose to be even better.

You've just gone WAY down in my estimations now Zamo. French cars are w*** !! End of!

Nissans are built the best IMHO.

BMW are great (although people have varying reports), never had or will own a Mercedes so cannot comment (on the cars anyway ;) )!

Nothing good can or will come out of france.... NOTHING!

Archived